32

3rd Person's POV

Rescuing Sasuke was a failure. With the help of the Sand Siblings, everyone who participated in saving Sasuke was taken back to the village to be treated. Kakashi and other recruits retreived Naruto and Haru and were taken to the hospital as well. 

Even though the mission was a failure, everyone survived. 

Haru's POV

I started regaining consciousness as I found myself in the hospital. "Naruto... Naruto! Naruto!" I yelled as I sat up. "Calm down, Haru! You're safe! You're home!" Kakashi said as he braced my shoulders.

"Naruto! Where is he? Where's my son?" I asked, desperately as I grabbed his vest. "He's fine. He's in the other room, resting." Kakashi explained. 

"Take me to him! Let me see Naruto!" 

"Haru, your wounds need to heal."

"What wounds? I'm not injured!"

I grunted slightly as I held my stomach in pain with one hand. But how is that possible? I didn't get injured. "Haru, you must rest. You haven't healed yet." Kakashi repeated. "I don't care! Forget about me! I want to see Naruto! Now!" I said, stubbornly.

Kakashi took my request and took me to Naruto. Almost all of his face was bandaged as he rested in the hospital bed. "Oh, Naruto..." I whispered with a hand over my mouth. Tears began to swell at the brim of my eyes as I saw the condition he was in. 

"I was supposed to protect him, and I failed. I'm a terrible mother. Not only did I let Naruto get hurt, but I hurt everyone else as well. It's all my fault." I whispered. "You didn't fail, Haru. He's still alive. Everyone's still alive. They're all going to be okay." Kakashi said. 

I grunted again when my stomach started hurting again. "Come on, let's get you back to your room." Kakashi said before guiding me back to my room. When we got there, I looked in the mirror and saw that my head was bandaged and I had a gauze patch on my cheek. 

But how is that possible? Why am I in pain when I didn't sustain any injuries? Kakashi helped me into bed and I sat up. "What's wrong?" He asked. "I'm just... a little confused." I answered, hesitantly. "About what?" He questioned. 

"It's... kind of hard to explain." 

"You just need to take it easy for a while,"

Kakashi pulled down his mask enough to reveal a bit of his mouth and kissed my forehead ."Get some rest, Haru." He said with a smile before pulling his mask back over his mouth and nose. I smiled a bit and left. 

Once he was gone, I frowned slightly and looked around. "All right, Setzoku. Where are you? Show yourself right now." I ordered. "I thought I told you before that you were in no position to give me orders." He said as his voice echoed off the walls.

A tall flame rose from beside me and Setzoku appeared. "What is it?"

"What did you do to me? How did I get these injuries?" I asked with a frown.

"Isn't it obvious? I gave you those injuries. I didn't beat you up of course. I simply casted a spell that made you sustain a few injuries. Your body had to have some wounds on you when the ninjas found you. It'd be strange if they found you unconscious with no wounds of the sort." He explained. 

"But why did you shut down my body? Why let Naruto fight Sasuke alone?" I asked. "Like I told you before, it wasn't your battle. Therefore, it had nothing to do with you." Setzoku said. I looked down at the sheets, but didn't say anything.

"Is that all?" He asked. "Just about." I answered. "In that case, I'll be taking my leave." He said before disappearing with an orange flame surrounding him. I lied back down in bed and locked my fingers together as they rested on my stomach.