9

I watched Naruto attack Kakashi with his Shadow Clone Jutsu as another clone sneak up behind him and held him back. "That's my Naruto." I said with a smile. Naruto went to punch Kakashi, but his sensei quickly switched out for one of Naruto's clone and Naruto ended up punching that clone. 

"Oh, Naruto." I said as he began fighting with his clones. He undid the jutsu and he had bruised himself up. I'll have to heal him later. "Huh?" Naruto said as he looked at something on the ground. I followed his gaze and saw a bell lying in the grass. 

'Don't fall for it, Naruto! It's a trap!' I thought. But Naruto grabbed it anyway and got his ankle caught in a rope trap. "A ninja must see through deception," Kakashi said. He walked over to Naruto and picked up the bell. "When will you learn?"

"Huh?" I looked over and saw shuriken flying towards Kakashi's way. I was hoping Kakashi would spot them and dodge them. But I was wrong when he got struck by weapons, makingme gasp in shock. 

"He just got blasted with shuriken! Are you out of your mind, Sasuke?!" Naruto yelled. "Just what I was thinking." I said. When I saw Kakashi turn into a log, I wanted to slap myself for falling for that trap. 

Sasuke quickly dashed into the woods while Sakura followed after him. "Stupid girl." I mumbled. Once the coast was clear and I didn't sense Kakashi anywhere, I approached Naruto. "Man... This is just great. Just great." Naruto said, sarcastically as he frowned. 

"Oh, my. What are you doing in that shameful position?" I asked as I stood in front of him with my hands behind my back. "Huh? Mom! What are you doing here?" Naruto asked. "I got worried, so I decided to come check on you. It looks like you're in a bit of a pickle." I mentioned. 

"Yeah..." Naruto agreed. "Would you like some help?" I asked. "No, thanks. I got this. Besides, I'm not gonna fall for another one of Kakashi-sensei's traps again! Believe it!" Naruto said as he cut himself loose.

I glanced at the ground and noticed another rope trap right beneath where Naruto was going to land. "Naruto, wait!" I warned him. But I was too late as Naruto fell for the trap and lifted off the ground, hanging upside down. 

"I fell for it again!" Naruto yelled, angrily. "Would you like some help?" I asked. "Mmm... Yes, please." Naruto said, frowning and blushing at the same time. I smiled and took out a kunai knife, preparing to cut him down. "Huh?" Naruto said, looking at something.

"What's wrong, Naruto?"

"What's that over there?"

"What's what? What do you see?"

"Ah! I know what those are! Those are boxed lunches!"

I sweat dropped. "Naruto, don't fall for it. It's obviously another trap." I said. "Are you sure?" Naruto asked, looking at me. "I'm certain of it. Now let's get you down from there, my son." I said. I threw a kunai knife at rope, cutting Naruto down, and caught him bridal style. 

"Are you okay?" I asked as I set him on the ground. I crouched down and began dusting the dirt off his clothes. "Yeah, I'm fine." He answered. When I was finished, I rose to my feet. "Naruto, do you know the whole point of this exercise?" I asked. 

"Of course I do! It's to get the bells!" Naruto said.

"Well... yes. But how do you expect to do that?"

"By giving it my all!"

"Naruto, you're not listening to what I'm trying to say."

"What do you mean?"

"Think about it. You're no match for Kakashi on your own. Don't you think you could use some help?"

"Huh...? Oh, I get it! What you're saying is, in order to get the bells, Sakura, Sasuke, and I have to work as a team!" 

"There you go. Now you're using your head." 

"But how am I supposed to do that? Sakura doesn't care about me and Sasuke just wants to do everything on his own!" 

"Yeah, I've noticed. But at least you know the answer now, don't you?"

"Of course."

"Good. Care for a little quiz? Don't worry, it's only one question."

"I'm ready!" Naruto pumped his fist in triumph, making me giggle at his enthusiasm. "What is the objective of this training exercise?" I asked. "To work as a team and get the bells!" Naruto answered, correctly.

I gave him a closed-eye smile and petted his head. "That's my boy," I praised. "Now, Naruto. I want you to hide."

"Huh? Hide?" He repeated. "Mm-hm. I want you to hide in the woods until the timer goes off." I instructed. "But why? I figured out the answer!" Naruto said. I kissed the top of his head as I closed my eyes. "Just trust me, okay?" I said, giving him another closed-eye smile. 

"Uh? Okay." Naruto said, giving nod. I smiled again and stuffed the bell into his jacket pocket. "Don't take that out of your pocket until the end. Once you and your teammates meet up with Kakashi again, that's when you can take it out." I said. 

"But what it is?" Naruto asked. "You'll see. Trust me. Now run, Naruto. Go." I said. Naruto gave a nod and ran off into the woods to hide. I smiled at Naruto and hid in the trees. 

"Now..." I looked towards the sky with a smile as the gentle breeze blew. "What should I do now?" I asked. 

Naruto's POV

I continued to run into the woods until I was safely hidden away. "I think I'm safe out here." I said, panting slightly. "But... what did Mom stick in my pocket?" I asked. I reached for my pocket, then paused, remembering her words. 

"Don't take that out of your pocket until the end. Once you and your teammates meet up with Kakashi again, that's when you can take it out."

"But now I'm anxious! What did she put in my pocket?! Ahh! I have to know!" I said as I grabbed the back of my head and began tossing and turning on the ground. 

Kakashi's POV

After I dealt with Sasuke, I took out my book and began walking away to check on Naruto. When I went back to where I left him, he wasn't there. He must've cut himself loose while I was dealing with Sasuke. I just hope he hasn't gotten to the boxed lunches. 

I went to the spot where I left the boxed lunches were, and to my surprise, they were still in perfect shape. "If he's not here, then he must be hiding. All three of them, and not a single one has gotten a bell." I said. 

I grabbed the bells off my belt, but there was only one instead of two. Where did the second one go? I know the genin haven't gotten them. Did I drop it somewhere? No, I couldn't have. 

So, where is it?