Chapter 8✨

Zena p.o.v

I was so happy that it was the end of the day. When me and Marcus got back to school everyone wanted to know what was going on and I just was ready to get away from the attention.

Another thing that low-key piss me off was all the girls who claim Marcus as theirs or in other words his crushes. They are mad annoying coming up to me about me and him yeah I like Marcus but we are just friends.

Pulling up to the house I rushed in to greet my dad. Smiling I saw him sitting in his recliner looking like a old man.

"My Babygirl is finally home I was so bored without you." He said being his dramatic self.

"Your the one who told me it was okay to go back to school." I said.

"Well I had to say that ya granny was right there she would have knock the hair off my head if she heard me say you can stay home you know she don't play with school." He said which made me laugh.

"Okay Daddy are you hungry I can cook something up real quick" I said.

"No Princess I'm okay ya granny whip some food to last us a day or two since ya momma M. I. A and we don't know when she coming back." He said sighing.

"Hey don't worry about it. We will always be fine." I said trying to cheer him up. If my mother pulls that disappearing act again it won't hurt me as bad as it did when I was younger but my dad I know that would crush him.

"Your right. We'll be good." He said. After saying that we heard the front door open. Rolling my eyes when I saw it was my momma. What surprise me was that she brought back Auntie and Raymond. The lady never learns she really must not care about my well being.

"You know what I'm not even about to argue with you. Where was you?" My daddy asked rubbing his head.

"I was helping Tyla and Raymond pack up things." She said.

"Hmm so you ain't get my calls?" He asked. I just occupied my time into my phone cause she ain't shit. I try to warn my daddy not to get back with her but that's his first love.

"No I'm sorry Zion my phone shut off because I didn't have my charger." She said holding up her phone.

"Um oh I was just calling to tell you I was in the hospital but it don't matter since you ain't care that much. " He said.

"That's not fair Zion. My phone was dead." She yelled out. Now their about to argue in front of everyone.

"Tyla and Raymond got phones you could of use one of theirs to call I know your mad or whatever you could of at least check on Zena god forbid my child was in the hospital and I was trying to call you." My dad said putting his hand on his head. My eyes started to tear up. I had to leave.

"Um. Im going to step out for a while." I said. Grabbing my car keys I rushed out the house. I hated I left my dad in that situation but I told him she don't care about us. I told him.

Starting the car I honestly didn't know where I wanted to go but it had to be away from here. Shutting my phone off I decided to just drive around while calming my nerves. To much things run through my mind when I'm upset.

Right now ain't the perfect time to be stressing out. Looking around I just wanted to be at peace with things. On the outside it looks like things are good but on the inside I feel like I'm slowly dying emotionally.

Pulling my car over I was at a park. I low-key excited I haven't been to the park since I was younger.

Sitting on the tire swing that was tied to a oak tree I started to swing on it. I was having the time of my life felt all my worries was leaving with the wind .

Once I stop the swinging I heard crying which threw me off guard. Stepping out the swing. I walked around until I heard the crying behind a slide. I saw a little boy around two or three.

"Hey are you okay?" I asked. He looked alil scared to answer me. Then I got a closer look and saw it was Marcus little brother Marlon.

"Hey Marlon it's okay you can trust me I am Zena I'm a friend of your brother Marcus." I said he started to come closer to me until he jumped in my arms.

"Why are you out here by yourself?" I asked I didn't see any adult around.

"Daddy said that he take me to park but he go bye bye when we came. " He said trying to get his words together.

I know you fucking lying this park is a good fifteen minutes from Marcus house. Omg if something had happen to this baby thank god I found him.

"Okay Marlon how about this I'll take you home. So you won't be sad but before that I'll get you a candy out the vending machine okay." I said. He nodded his head and I carried him in my arms to the vending machine he picked a pack of fruit snacks and I got a pack too.

____________________________________________

Finally arriving at Marcus house I grabbed Marlon and walked up to the door knocking on it. A second later the door was opened and I saw a crying lady I'm assuming is Marcus and Marlon mom.

"Ma'am I found him at the park across from the Walmart. I heard him crying and found him and realizing this was Marcus lil brother. My name is Zena by the way." I said she grabbed Marlon out my hand and kissed all over his face.

"Thank god you found my baby. Thank you Thank You." She said crying harder.

"It's no problem-" I said but got cut off.

"Ma what's the problem did you find him yet." I heard from behind me.

"Yes this is Zena. She found him on the other side of town by himself. I could kill your father right now if something had happen to my baby." She said.

"Well I'm gonna get going. Y'all have a good evening." I said turning around I collided with Marcus.

"No please stay I could whip up a quick dinner. At least repay for you bringing my baby home. And it would be nice to get to know the girl who got my son nose wide open."His mom said.

"Maa." Marcus said blushing.

"Okay. " I said not wanting to go home quiet yet.

Hey y'all how y'all holding up. Enjoy, Comment and Vote. Peace✌✌