Chapter 16✨

Zena p.o.v

Opening my eyes I started to cry because I was in a lot of pain and didn't know where I was at. Looking around I realise I was in a hospital. All of what happen came back. I really thought I died but it was good to know I didn't. I don't think I could leave my dad.

I was still crying because of the pain. 

"Dad Dad please Dad. Somebody help me it hurts too bad." I said crying. Hearing the door knob turning I saw a nurse come in. I guess she didnt notice me until she heard my crying.

"Oh my God. You had your family sick about. I know your in some serious pain I'll get you some pain medicine while I page the doctor." She said paging the doctor. A minute later the Doctor came in while the nurse put the medicine in my IV.

"Zena you had everyone worried about you." The doctor said checking me and my wounds.

"What happen" I said looking at the stitches on my side

"Well you were brought in for internal bleeding because you ribs broke and punctured your lung. You are very lucky since you flat line twice." She said while wrapping the wound.

"Now I need to know what happen because things like this don't happen unless it was done intentionally." She said looking at me. I looked down now since they moved my bed up so I could sit up.

"I was about to walk up the stairs and I lost my footing and fell. I heard a crack and I didnt really remember much except for Marcus holding my hands in the ambulance." I said partially lying. I know what happen and I pretty sure my whole family know by now.

"Yes your boyfriend? He came here everyday to see you." She smiled while I frowned.

"Wait how long was I asleep?" I asked.

"About three days. That was your body recovering from the surgery." She said which shock me.

"Wow so today is Thursday." I said. The Doctor laughed and nodded her head.

"Well Ill let your father know that your wake. He hasn't left this Hospital since he got here. Me and your Grandparents tried to get him to leave but he wasn't having it we just put a bed in here for him to sleep so he's not uncomfortable. I'm suprise he's not in here now." She said which made me smile a little knowing that he was here for me.

"I'm so excited to see my Dad and Marcus now." I said smiling.

The Doctor and Nurse left again leaving me alone but I felt better so I didn't mind being alone. Few seconds later I heard the door open. I saw dad come in with food probably from the cafeteria.

"Dad." I said scaring him.

"Zena. Oh my baby." He said running over to me and gently hug me and I hug him back. I missed him too.

"Don't you ever in your life scare me like that. You hear me. I didn't know what to do these past couple of days. Not knowing when you were going to wake up." He said crying I wipe his tears away.

"Old man you know I'm a solider. Nothing going to stop me from being here with you. I heard you ain't leave this place since you got here I can smell it." I said which caused us too laugh but then he got serious.

"Tell me everything that happen." He said.

"I came a lil after 9 because I came back from my date with Marcus and she was in the house with Tyla and Raymond. She ask me where was I but I was and I said I haven't seen her seen her since Thursday and how was she and that she missed alot. I then walk into the kitchen to fix some juice. She started to curse at me saying I was disrespectful and saying she was gonna slap me. So I just said I'm going to Nana and Pops house. She said you wouldn't like that then I told her she really did miss alot because you was gone since Saturday and said I could go if I wanted to and that's what I wanted to do. She said that I should stay with them. I said no that's okay because Raymond ain't suppose to be over at the house anyway I said you didn't want me around them. Then Tyla said it didnt matter cause you weren't there. I said it would because you call I was gonna tell you like I'm not gonna lie to you. Then that lady who birth me slap and grabbed me saying I was disrespectful I told her to get the 'excuse my language' fuck off me before I call the cops. She then push me and I lost my footing I fell on the step. I heard a crack and the worst pain ever shot through. I started to cry and when I coughed it was blood just coming out my mouth. I thought I was going to die. I thought that would of been I thought I was never going to see my love ones again. I remember Marcus riding in the Ems with me but after that I black out." I said crying. I couldn't believe my Mother did that to me I don't think I'll ever be able to forgive her. My dad just wipe my tears and got up and started to pace.

"I done tell Nadia I would kill her if she ever put her hands on my child I don't mind going to jail I know I won't get long I could represent myself and claim self defense." My Dad said to himself.

"Dad stop talking like that. Okay your not going to do anything because she'll get her karma." I said trying to calm down but I see where he coming from we are all we got so I know this was eating him alive.

"I should of just made you stay at your grandparents house. At least I know you would of been safe. I felt like I failed you as a parent." He said sitting in the chair rubbing his head.

"Dad stop stressing yourself out you just got out the hospital for that. I know you didn't fail me okay all of this just let me know that whatever happens I know you have my back and vice versa. It's always us against the world." I said holding my pinky out.

"Us against the world." He said smiling and wrapping his pinky around mine.

We continue to talk until I told him to take his funky behind home and rest up I'll be okay. After some convincing he finally left. I just look at the wall I don't know how much time past until I heard my door open.

"Zena bear." I heard. I saw my Granny , Taylor and Tiana.

"Hey guys." I said happy to see them.

"We rushed over when your dad called and said you was up." Tiana said. Hugging her I kissed her cheek.

"Hot Mouth come give your big cousin some love." I said causing Taylor to suck his teeth and Tiana and Granny to laugh.

"That whole sentence was outta pocket." He said hugging me.

"Girl don't ever scare me like that again I almost had to beat ya mama ass to. Push my baby like she fucking stupid." She said Granny a whole savage out here.

"Yeah I had hold her back she almost beat my ass." Taylor which earn a slap to the back of his neck.

"Watch your mouth." He mumble a sorry while I laughed.

"Knock Knock." I heard I saw it was my Nana and Pops with all the kids and cousins. Wow the room was full up by now. I spend some time with them and it was nice to see all of them getting along.

For the rest of the day I was getting alot of visitors even Quan and Amara came which I appreciated. The one person I wanted to see the most haven't come in yet and it made a little sad.

It was dark now since I had the curtains and blinds open so I just stared out the window. I heard a knock on my door before it open. I saw it was Marcus who was carrying alot of things a smile instantly came to my face.

"Marcus I missed you. I was upset thinking you wasn't going to come see me." I said.

"Babygirl I found out you woke up after school so I had to get you some things. Sorry it took so long." He said. I smiled and he handed me some roses I smiled while smelling them. He had a couple bags. Handing them over to me and I happily went through them.

"Wow this is beautiful." I said holding out a Necklace.

"I know that's why I bought it for you. Let me put it on for you." He said leaning forward a little I waited patiently as he put the necklace on.

For the rest of the night me and Marcus talked until he fell asleep. I laid on him on my good side and quickly fell asleep too.

Heyyyyyyy yalllllll I don't know why but I'm in such a good mood and a good place in my life right now. I hope you all enjoy this chapter Vote and Comment. Peace✌✌