Chapter 17✨

Zena

Waking up I looked up and saw Marcus still next to me sleep. I looked at the clock that was on the wall and saw that it was 8:37 a.m.

I shook Marcus.

"Yeah." He mumble putting his arm over his face.

"Marcus you have to go you got school." I said.

"I'm not going." He said turning towards me trying to go back to sleep.

"Um yes you are going. I want you to go to school don't y'all have a game today?" I asked.

"We do but I can miss one." He said I sucked my teeth and slapped his arm.

"How can you miss your the Captain. I'm not playing with you Marcus go home get dress and take your ass to school." I said sternly all he did was smirked.

"What boy?" I asked.

"That's the first time I heard you curse." He said I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever Marcus go to school and come back tonight with a win or we gonna fight." I said playfully. He sucked his teeth and kissed my cheek. Getting up he put on his shoes and walked over to me.

"You gonna let me get a kiss before I leave?" He asked I scrunch up my face.

"We haven't brush our teeth yet." I said. He shrugged his shoulder.

"I don't care so give me a kiss." He said. Leaning over to me he grabbed my face and kissed me which I return stink mouth and all. We continue to kiss until I pulled away smiling I licked my lips.

"Alright Babygirl I'll see you later okay." He said I nodded he pulled my in for a hug and kissed me again.

I watched him leave out and sighed falling back to sleep.

Marcus p.o.v

Finally pulling up to my house I had to hurry up and shower and get ready before I miss all of first period.

_______________________________________

Arriving to Mrs. Conner class I knocked on the door and waited for to come open the door. I handed her the late pass and she motion for me to stay outside the class room. She closed the door behind her.

"How is she?" Mrs. Conner asked referring to Zena.

"She's doing good she woke up yesterday and it seems like she is okay except for the pain she gets." I said.

"Okay I know the pain is unbearable but I know she get through it. Come in  you don't have to take your pig since their cleaning up their stations." She said.

"Zena wanted me to ask if she had any work she need to catch up on before the exams?" I asked that's all she cried about yesterday some work.

"She can start on her Exam packet for the class. Since that's the last grade y'all will have for the class before the Exams. Ill put the packet together and give it too you to give to her." Mrs. Conner said. I said okay and we both walked in the class.

I sat at my station next to Quan who was next to me on his phone probably texting Tiana.

"Marcus what's up I'm surprised you even came today." Quan said dapping me up.

"Yeah Zena made me come. I slip up and said I had a game today and she really made me come." I said sucking my teeth. Which made Quan laugh.

"Yoo she just supporting her man making he going to school and doing his work." He said which made me smirk. Nobody knew that Zena was my girl not because I didn't want them to know it's just I wanted her to be the one to tell everyone so she is comfortable. She likes to keep to herself and doesn't like when people all in her face or business.

"Yeah she cussed me out and everything I was surprised I never heard her curse." I said smiling thinking about her.

"You must really love her cause I never heard someone happy to get cuss out." Quan said laughing I chuckled too.

"It's too early for me to say I love her but she's getting me there." I said.

"Well hurry up and wife her before somebody else do." He said.

"I hear you I'll do it soon." I said smirking.

I continue on with the rest of the day getting all Babygirl work before I had to get dress for the game since it was away at the next school we play.

_______________________________________

Walking into Zena hospital room I smiled seeing her trying to get out the bed.

"What are you doing?" I asked which made her jump.

"I'm tired of sitting and laying down I wanna get up and walk around." She said.

"Well ask your doctor if it's safe to get up and walk around." I said.

"But my legs are fine those are not broken." She said.

"Yeah but your lung and ribs are healing so moving around might effect your breathing." I said scratching my head. She sighed and laid back on the bed.

"I brought your work you was crying for." I said giving her the folder with all her work.

"Thank you Marcus. I notice something today while I was by myself." She said pouting.

"What?" He asked.

"My Teddy Bear is probably ruined I was holding on to that thing for the whole time that incident happen except when I had to go in the ambulance I miss and drop it on the floor. The people gave me my bookbag back but that had to be trash so I grabbed the things out of it and thrown it away." I said sniffling because that Bear and Bookbag meant  alot to me. The bear was from Marcus which started our relationship and the bookbag means alot because my dad bought that with his first pay check after us going through years of struggling I valued that bookbag because it let me know that no matter what was thrown at us we would get over it.

"Hey it's okay I'll buy you another Teddy Bear and another bag okay." Marcus said hugging me I still was upset because that's not fair I didn't want to replace those things.

Laying my head on Marcus shoulder I still silently cried not over the stuff anymore but everything.

The Bullying

My Dad

My Mom

My Life

Marcus

My Family

Just Everything I guess I needed this sometimes when things are thrown at me I just push them away yeah it hurts but I just push through like its nothing. When things become too much like now my emotions are thrown all over the place and I honestly don't know what to do but cry.

Hearing the door open we both look up to see the lady who caused all this to happen come in with my dad.

"What do you want?" I spat out.

Heyyyyyyy How y'all fucking with the new year so far? Enjoy, Comment, and Vote. Peace✌✌