Chapter 1 : Gradient High

Hey Guys, before you read further, I'd like to warn you that this story was started by me as an amateur writer, so it might be a bit weird in the beginning. But I promise it'll get better as you go on.

Thanks for reading :)

BEST FRIENDS? The one with whom you can only stay mad for a short period of time because you have important things to tell them.....<3

Dedicated to JadenChiu for an awesome comment! Thanks and hope you enjoy the story!

Chapter 1 : Gradient High

Get up Ally! You're going to get late!" I heard someone shout but I made no plan to get up.

"Oh God! Get your lazy butt off your bed" I heard someone groan.

Irritated, I pulled the covers over my head and nuzzled into the pillow.

Why did mornings even exist? I mean I could be perfectly fine with only afternoons and evenings. But then that would mean that the afternoons will be mornings.

Well, that just gets us nowhere.

"Okay! Fine. You asked for it" the person huffed and then I was met with silence.

Finally,I thought.

And just when I was about to be consumed by unconscious glory, I felt cold liquid tickle my exposed skin. And when I said cold, I meant buried-in-Antarctica's-ice kind of cold. Get the drift?

And that's when I jerked up. My eyes went wide as I discovered myself soaking wet and tiny ice pieces clinging to my skin, making me shiver uncontrollably.

"What the hell, Kinz?" I yelled getting off my bed.

I stared incredulously at my blonde haired friend who stood there holding a bucket with a smug smile plastered on her face.

"I didn't have any other way to get you to get ready for school. And...you have exactly 17 minutes to do that if you don't want to get late," Kinsy said tapping her watch.

"Seventeen minutes?," I groaned. Now I was wide awake. Thanks to Kinsy, I think I didn't need a shower too.

I quickly got into the washroom. I took a quick peek at my reflection.

I stood horrified as I observed the person in the mirror. I looked like a person who just came from a Halloween party.

Why couldn't I be one of those people who looked like Victoria's Secret models even with bed hair?

With me, it looked more like a bed...nest.

My light brown hair were damp and my white tank top was clinging to my body. It was almost see-through. My eyes had these dark bags underneath and I looked like a total mess.

At least now I won't have to look for a Halloween costume when I can perfectly wake up like this and go.

After recovering from the pity party I was throwing for myself, I took a quick shower (which basically meant hopping in and out since I really didn't have time) and changed into black skinny jeans and a loose sweatshirt. I covered up my dark circles with some concealer and put some lip gloss to add life to the pale lips. I outlined my deep grey eyes with some eye liner.

I wasn't going to say that I didn't wear makeup at all because I loved highlighting my eyes. But I usually stuck to only an eyeliner and a lip gloss.

I let my waist-length hair fall freely and let the bangs cover my forehead. I quickly grabbed my bag and jogged towards the living room, where I met an annoyed Kinsy.