Chapter 5 : Beggining Of A War

A Good Friend knows all your stories.... But a Best Friend has lived them with you...

Chapter 5: Beggining Of A War

"Mom, Dad, I'm home!" I yelled as I entered my house.

"Hey sweetheart, we're in the study room" Mom shouted.

I threw my bag on my bed and went into the study room. My mom and dad were going through some papers. When they noticed me, they looked up, keeping the papers aside.

"Hey" I chirped.

"Hey pumpkin," my dad opened his arms for a hug, which I gladly accepted. "How was school?"

"Great! And guess what? I just made a new friend today" I grinned.

"That's great. You should call---wait its a him or a her?"

I laughed at dad's remark. "There's no need to be protective. It's a female"

"Ok. But if it's a guy, make sure I meet him first. I need to lay some rules see that he doesn't hurt my baby girl"

"Rules?"

"Well, like not disturbing my pumpkin's beauty sleep at night etc etc" Dad chuckled.

"Aw dad. But wait a second, why are there no rules for Aaron? He disturbs my 'beauty sleep' all the time. You shouldn't have given him the spare key" I huffed.

"Well, Aaron has had this right since he wore diapers" Dad laughed.

"Not fair" I muttered which just made him laugh more.

After gossiping some more, I bid them goodbye and went to my room. After doing homework for a while, I went down for dinner. The dinner was yummilicious (even if that isn't a word).

I was tired after the dinner. So I did what most of us do in case of being tired, I retired to sleep.

***

Holding my bag, I entered the school gates. Like always I stayed invisible in the crowd. I was walking with books in my hands when out of nowhere, a boy pushed me and I fell. My books dropped out of my hand. The boy bent down to help me but when he saw my face he quickly got up and went away.

That was weird, I thought.

I picked up my books, when I spotted Aaron. I waved at him but he just ignored it which was even weirder. I finally spotted Kinsy and jogged towards her. I told her about the weird happenings.

"Ofcourse! I told you. You can't make any male friends"

"No, it's not true" I took a step back.

"Oh please. You are too sociably awkward. You will never be able to befriend any boy and no one will even marry you in the near future" She laughed.

"No. I have Aaron" I reasoned.

"Oh no no. That friendship was out of pity and force of my parents, since they are good friends with yours. It's not like that I wanted to do that" Aaron came up from behind.

By now, everyone had gathered around. They were shouting "Loser! Loser!"

Tears were threatening to come out.

"Ha! You're such a loser" Kinsy shouted.

"Loser" everyone chanted.

"Loser"

"Loser"

"Loser"

"Muffin"