Chapter - 7

Tony's POV:

"When will you return, auntie Pep?" She asked through the phone as she sits on her bed. Her voice desperate.

She bites her lips as she listens to Pepper talking on the other line.

"Yes. It was fine. They already went back home." She sighed.

I knew that they were talking about Cap and Romanoff. From her tone and her behaviour today, I have noticed that Clara was not feeling very comfortable around them.

She answered them with a smile but she was being guarded when she was talking to them.

I wonder why.

"Okay, goodnight. Love you too." She replied and hang up the phone.

She hands me back the phone. "Why does she have to stay away for a whole week?" She complains as she lowers her head.

Yes, the kid loves Pepper very much. Pepper used to read her a story before she tucks her into bed.

Tonight, I think I need to take charge of Pepper as she stays in D.C because of some business.

"Well, she has work to do." I answered as soft as I can.

"I just kind of miss her already." She sighed as she looks up at me with those emarald green eyes.

"Same here, kid." I replied as I sit at the top of her bed.

"Anyway, I just want to ask you something." I said, as I scratch my neck.

"Well?" She raised her eyebrows, urging me to continue.

"Don't you like Cap and Widow?" I paused. "I mean, you don't look very comfortable around them."

She takes a deep breath as she shifted her eyes to the floor. She keeps quiet for a moment and I know that she is debating on her mind whether to tell me or not.

"No, it's just, they reminded me of someone." She sighs, finally looking at me.

"Huh?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

She licks her lips."Someone important to me."

"I'm sorry if I make them uncomfortable. They left early because of me, didn't they?" She questioned, looking down at the floor again.

In the early afternoon, Cap and Romanoff left the tower as they had 'something' to handle.

"No, no, no." I cupped her face and make her look at me.

"They left early because they had work to do. You were very nice. It's just that, I can read you very easily." I wrapped my arms around her.

"Really?" She looked up at me with those big puppy eyes.

"Yes, Cap is meeting with the President personally in New York and Romanoff is flying over to D.C. to handle some business." To get more information about you.

Yes, it was true. Romanoff flies to D.C. to 'help' Fury.

She chuckled a little."Didn't the President stay at D.C?"

"Well, he is Captain America and the President has asked me his whereabouts. As the genius I am," I smiled a little as I saw her rolling her eyes,"I knew that Cap is coming over here to see you, so I made an arrangement for their meeting. He wants to make 'peace' with Cap." I explained as simple as possible for her to understand.

She nodded slowly as she finally seemed to understand what I am saying.

"Thank you, uncle Tony." She smiled, as she lays down on her bed.