Chapter - 38

Tony's POV:

"Uncle Tony! We need to tell her the truth." I hear the annoying little brat saying the same thing for about the hundredth time.

And for the hundredth time, I rolled my eyes. "Calm down, little bug. This is the only way to let her pride come down. She needs to realise that Cap will not always stay."

She just lets out a breath, looking irritated. "She even skipped dinner last night. How is that supposed to bring them together?" She scoffs, getting down from the chair that she was currently sitting on.

I put down the juice as I stopped her from getting out of the kitchen. "I'm sorry. Okay? But your mother is so fucking stubborn that she keeps on playing hard to get. And your dad keeps on suffering the outcome."

Lowering her eyes, she gives me a slight nod as she turns around and faced me.

"You really need to mind your language." I laughed at her little comment.

"Did you even sleep last night, kiddo?" I soften my voice, as I notice the big bags under her eyes.

"I'm fine. It's just.....I don't like seeing her like this." She finally confessed, meeting my eyes with her piercing green orbs.

I mentally awed at her cute little confession. I can't help but find this situation funny as the one and only Romanoff has this cute little thing for a daughter.

God she is so damn lucky.

"C'mon, I'm just keeping my promise. I am going to help your parents get together before you left." I tell her as soft as I can, as I see that she is not really herself.

To be honest, I am feeling anything but bad. I mean, Romanoff literally throw a punch on me yesterday and that could also be one of the many reasons not to feel bad for her.

But, this is also not personal. Its just that I don't feel bad for her at all in the process of doing my job as a good uncle.

Natasha thinks that Cap is leaving her behind because she acted like a bitch towards him. Well, she did, actually. But that's not the case. What she didn't know is that it is Bruce who left and Cap being the gentleman he is, he offered to let him stay at his little house in Brooklyn.

Although the thought of Bruce leaving kinda makes me sad, I am glad that Cap is helping him out.

"I think its about time you wake your broken hearted mother up." I say, half jokingly only to earn a hard stare from her.

A laugh escapes my mouth but I am quick to cover it up as I spot Romanoff coming out of the guest room with her hair all messy, pointing at all directions.

Clara was quick to divert her eyes to her mother's direction upon seeing me laugh. "Please don't make up any more lies." She whispered in more of a warning tone.

Man, she sounded like Cap sometimes. Only her voice is more girly.

I just shook my head. "I make no promises, kid." I pat her head only to earn a slap. "Uncle Tony!"

I put my hands up in surrender. "Fine. I won't make her any more upset than she already is, geez."

As Romanoff headed towards the kitchen, I make sure to keep my lips sealed. No more making fun of her, Tony. Just this morning, keep your thoughts to yourself.

But let me tell you, it is very hard not to make any sarcastic comments about her as she silently tried sitting on the stool, yet she almost fall.

Did she drink last night? My suspicions are cleared as the smell of alcohol reeks the kitchen.

"Do you want some water?" Clara's concerned voice makes her to snap out of whatever she is thinking as she zoned out.

She slowly shook her head. "I will be fine. Just give me a minute." Her voice was hoarse, causing Clara to furrow her eyebrows.

Now, I feel bad. Never in my life had I seen Natasha look this vulnerable. Maybe she really did love Steve. Maybe I went way too far with this.

But she needed to know that Steve would not always stay by her side. I mean, the guy's pretty shaken because of Natasha's words. She kept on fucking with his emotions and yet, he kept on chasing after her.

She needed to get her shit together and get this over with. Both of them kept on going circles instead of getting together.

I mean, constantly flirting with him wouldn't make him believe that she is in love with him. He also needs to hear those three words too.

"Natasha, are you really okay?" I can't help but ask, earning a nod from her.

God, I feel like Thor right now. I am so stupid. Why did I have to ask the obvious? I can literally see that she is a big mess.

"Uncle Tony? Can I talk to you for a second?" Clara faked a smile towards me, signalling me towards the sitting room.
_

"When will dad be back?" I can see her freaking out, as she paced around the living room.

I just give her a shrug. "Dunno. But I know that he should be back by today."

Rubbing her forehead in irritation, she sighed. "He is gonna be so damned. He didn't even know about our little lie, did he?"

I shook my head in negative. Yeah, come to think of it, we don't know how our little red is going to react on seeing him. She could be opening her arms and accept him. Or worse, she could punch him and make him pay for what 'he' had done to her.

"Do you think she would want to hear him out? I mean, she would literally want to punch the life out of him." I ask, as I open my thoughts to more negativity.

She just gives me a shrug. "I don't know. I'd never really saw my mom and dad fight even from the time I came."

Okay, new plan. We have to tell Cap about our little lie or else he would end up with a bruised eye like me.

To make situation worse, the front door opened to reveal Cap wearing a coat, all covered in snow.

"Man, this December is going to be so freezingly cold." He mutters, getting inside.

Clara and I exchanged looks as we communicate with our eyes, urging each other to talk to him about 'the lie' first.

But, before any one of us could talk to him, the crushing of glass was heard from the kitchen, catching all our attention.

Natasha was standing there, almost shaking, as she saw Steve. Her eyes were fixated on him as she slowly walks towards him, as if she's walking on a runway.

By the looks on her face, I don't know what to expect. She looks nothing but cold as she approaches him.

"He is gonna be so doomed." I whispered in Clara's ear, earning a snort from her.

"No, mom would probably want to kiss my dad right now. I can tell from her face." She confidently replies as I scoff. "Didn't you see? She probably wants to rip his skin off of him." I argue.

She gives me a mischevious grin as she looks up and asks, "Wanna bet?"

"You have nothing to bet."

"I do too."

"Do not."

Silently, I prayed for Cap not to lose any tooth. He should also protect his private since she looks like she wants to strangle him to death.

But, Natasha did the unexpected. After they stood face to face with each other, she takes a minute to study Steve's confused face, which is probably wondering why she reeks of alcohol and why she didn't even bothered combing her hair.

Then, she suddenly throws her arms around him. "Please don't leave me again, Steve. I love you." She sobs, leaving a very confused Steve Rogers to stand there like a statue.

"We are gonna be so doomed." I hear the little trouble herself mutter, probably realizing that we are going to get caught for lying.

At least, the plan worked, right?