Chapter - 26

Natasha's POV:

After she relaxed in my arms, I look at her little face. She finally closes her eyes and I can hear her light snores.

She is so cute when she sleeps.

I can't help but place a kiss on her forehead. "доброй ночи, дорогой." I whispered.

Her lips curved up a little as if she understands what I am saying.

"доброй ночи,Мама." She replies in a groggy voice, still closing her eyes.

To say I was shocked was an understatement. I was thrilled, astonished and somehow.........scared?

After making sure that she is in deep slumber, I sneakily get out from the bed and make sure not to wake her.

Putting the robe on, I decided to go downstairs to think. I don't think that I can even sleep tonight after what had just happened.

Under the dimly lit lamp, I make myself some coffee and take a seat on the chair.

I don't know what is going on anymore. That one time she slipped and called me her mother. Even if that was a mistake, I don't think tonight was just a mistake anymore.

She must know something. She must know me too. But.....how? There is no such possibility.

Why is my life so messy and complicated?

She even speaks Russian. There is no way she knows the language.

Think, Romanoff. Think.

I am going to solve this mystery.

Okay, this is my mission: To reveal this little girl's each and every secrets.

"Can't sleep, Romanoff?" A way too familiar voice call from my back.

I am caught off guard by him. It must because I was so deep in my thoughts.

"Finally learn how to sneak upon me, Rogers?" I give him a little smirk, trying to get him blush.

He shakes his head in amusement. "Well, it takes a lot of practice." He smiles.

"Is this seat taken?" He asks, referring to the empty chair in front of me.

Rolling my eyes, I give him an unamused look. "Seriously, Rogers? Are you trying to be funny or what? But for your information, I am not in the mood." I snap.

Way to go, Natasha.

He seems to be taken aback by my sudden mood swing. "I was just.....trying to cheer you up. I'm sorry if I disturb you, Nat." He says apologetically, melting my heart once again because of his sweet words.

He still apologises even if it is not his fault. Yep, that is Steve for you.

I can't help but my lips curved up a little even if I don't want to. He still stands awkwardly, not trying to leave.

"Fine." I speak up. "Sit."

He looks a little surprised, then he gives me a goofy smile once he sees that I am not kidding.

Taking a seat in front of me, he flashes me a wide grin.

"Why so cheerful, Rogers?" I quirk my eyebrows.

He seems happier than ever. I wonder if this is how he behave in his house.

Blushing a little, he shakes his head 'no'.

"Not fair, Rogers." I pout at him, giving him the best puppy look.

He laughs at me. "You know, Nat. You look like Clara when you do that."

Clara? What is really happening? I don't know now.

"It's not a bad thing, you know. She is cute." He speaks up, once he notices my frown.

Deciding to drop the 'Clara' subject, I try to tease him a little.

Smirking a little, I cock my eyebrows. "So......you think I'm cute?"

The look on his face was priceless. His face reddened, blushing heavily.

"Uh.....no. I mean, yes. But......uh.....I guess." He stammered, causing me to laugh at his cuteness.

After our laughter dies, I decided to apologise because of my rudeness earlier. "I'm sorry, Steve."

He gives me a confused look. Great! I forgot that Steve is always so forgiving. Especially towards me. He always cares for me. Making me to always want more.

"You know, earlier. I snapped. So.....I'm saying sorry." I stated, somehow bluntly.

He shakes his head. "Stop apologising, Nat. I understand." He assures, taking my hand in his.

I somehow feel like a fool. Once he is close, I am always a goner. Damn these stupid feelings.

"Why is Carter staying over anyway?" I ask, not trying to show that I am a little bit, only a little bit, jealous.

He rolls his eyes in an annoyed manner, which is so not Steve. "Probably because she didn't have anything else to do." He shrugs.

"You know what, Rogers? You are mean." I laugh and he laughs along with me.

Taking his hands away from mine, he awkwardly puts his hands inside his pocket.

"Anyway, Nat...." he scratches his neck, probably because he has trouble saying something. Something emabarrassing.

I raised my eyebrows, urging him to continue what he was trying to say.

"Um....I was wondering, you know. If you would want to watch the stars with me." He says, looking at me with his baby blue eyes which I can't seem to resist.

Am I dreaming or what? This is the last thing I expect him to say.

"I'm sorry?" I want to make myself clear that I was hearing those words correctly.

Looking at me reluctantly, he gives me a faint smile. "Forget it. I know it's stupid. I shouldn't have searched for you in the first place." He shakes his head, trying to blow me off.

"Searched for me? For what, Steve?" I ask, still not believing my ears.

Faking a smile, he laughs. "No, Nat. It's okay, really. Forget it." He says, trying to stand up from his chair.

But I was faster. "Sit, soldier." I command, and he looks at me with wide eyes.

"I was asking you a question. That doesn't mean that I was saying no." He licks his lips in nervousness. "And of course, I would love to go stargazing with you." I smile at him.
_

Sitting on the rooftop with Steve was never like I had imagined. It was better.

Yep! I used to have imaginations like that too. Just because I am the Black Widow doesn't mean that I am not having any romantic thoughts.

I am a woman too, for Christ's sake.

"I never know that America's golden boy was such a softie." I smirk, making him groan.

"Hey! It's beautiful. When I saw the stars, I thought about you and I want to show it to you." He protests.

However, I don't want to believe that. I mean, that cannot be true. He can't just think of me.

I just give him a faint smile.

When I look up at the sky, millions of stars are shining above and I wonder why I never noticed how beautiful they were.

And I never knew that the moon would be so lonely. It is surrounded by stars, and yet it is all alone. Just like me.

"You know, Steve. I really like full moon night. I will always remember you." I stated, not taking my eyes off the sky.

I hear him chuckle. "Me too, Nat. Me too." He says.