Chapter - 29

Clara's POV:

Beep. Beep. Beep.

What is that sound? Wait a second, the first question is: Where am I?

Okay, I need to open my eyes. But if I open my eyes, who would I see?

Please don't let it be Ivan. Please don't let it be him.

Opening my eyes slowly, I find myself in a.......room? And is that my Mom sleeping on the couch?

"Ow!" I winced, trying to sit up. I didn't know that it would hurt that much. Damn these stupid needles.

"Clara? You okay?" Mom's concerned voice rang in my ears.

Looking at her worried face, I can see that she had also been crying from her red puffy eyes. Okay, what did I miss?

"Um....yeah. Where am I?" I ask, taking a look around the room.

"Your uncle Tony's place." She answers.

"Oh." I shrugged. Note to be made : I am at the Stark Tower which means I can see uncle Tony and ask for his help. I really need to get home.

Silence falls between us again. What's up with my mom today? She seems kinda sad.

She just sits on the bench and looks at the floor. Keeping very quiet. Okay, what is really going on here?

"Um....where's d-Steve?" I ask, looking around the room to find him. It is really awkward to call him by his name that I almost always slipped and call him 'Dad'.

Then, my mom's jaw clenched upon hearing his name. She seems kinda mad at him. But I don't know why. Isn't she the one acting all lovey dovey with him? And now, she's mad at him. Typical mom.

"Downstairs." She just mumbles making me roll my eyes at her.

"O.....kay?" I raised my eyebrows at her direction.

She looks at me with the 'What again?' look. She looks annoyed.

"What's happening between the two of you?" I blurted out since I can't help but ask her this. I mean, they're my parents and they are my business.

Her eyes widen since she didn't expect me to ask her these kind of questions.

"I don't know what you are talking about." She lied, looking at the floor again.

"I'm ten. I'm not stupid, you know." I huffed, rolling my eyes.

She snorted, but still didn't look into my eyes as she keeps on ignoring me. "What is so interesting about the floor, anyway? You can't keep your eyes off of it." I mocked to which she finally look into my eyes with her red puffy ones.

"Is it just me or why did I find you so talkative? You can't seem to keep your mouth shut." She snaps, making me roll my eyes.

"I'm bubbly. You should've noticed that by now if you at least pay some attention to it rather than a certain blonde, you know." I smirk at her to which she gives me 'the look'.

Okay, let me tell you a secret. Whenever mom feels sad and dejected, the only thing you can do to cheer her up is to annoy her rather than say some cheesy words. Just like uncle Tony used to say, "She's stubborn as fuck." So, the only way to her heart when she is mad would be sarcasm.

"You know, I would be scared right now if I were Steve." I taunt her causing her to groan.

She stood up from her seat and put her hands on her hips. "You young lady are in so much trouble."

I roll my eyes at her. "Whatever, 'Mom'." I mocked, stressing the word 'Mom'.

Her eyes widen again dramatically. "What- what?" She stuttered, sitting on the couch once again.

"That was sarcasm." I shake my head, feeling satisfied for at leat able to annoy her.

Then, Dad and uncle Tony comes into the room. This can't be good. My mom is mad at my dad and with uncle Tony here, he would only made it worse.

"Kiddo, you've woken up?" He rushed towards my side.

I give him a small smile. "I miss you, uncle Tony."

He leaned forward and place a kiss on my forehead. "Me too, kid. Me too."

Now, I feel safe again. Not that I don't without my parents. But with uncle Tony, I don't have to be afraid of blowing my cover. I can always be myself with him.

With mom and dad, I'm kinda afraid that they would not like me for me. I mean, would they like me even if they didn't know that I am their daughter? They don't need more problems. Especially with a sick helpless girl.

"Hey, you." Dad awkwardly stands beside uncle Tony and ruffled my hair.

I give him a small smile to which he returns. Then his eyes falls on mom sitting quietly beside me. "Why didn't you inform us that she's awake?" Dad ask her casually.

From the looks of his face, I don't think that nothing wrong is going on between them. But why is mom so sad before?

"Figured you would come by sooner or later anyway." Mom muttered under her breath, not even looking at him.

Dad just shrugged, acting like he didn't notice mom's foul mood at all. Or does he? I don't think so. Typical dad. I shake my head at that particular thought.

Why are these two so.....urgh. Now, I have two missions because of them. Firstly, I have to spark romance between these two and then, I will try to find a way to go back home.

"Hey kid, how was life with the Captain and the Black Widow?" Uncle Tony speaks up, probably trying to ease the tension in the room.

"Well, it was great. They were great together. Reminds me of you and auntie Pep." I wink at him playfully to which he smirks at me.

I eyed him as if trying to ask 'What's going on between these two?' and I know for a fact that he understood since he gives me a wink.

"Really? You find Romanogers cute as well?" He decided to play along with me. That's my uncle Tony I am talkin' about. We were always partners in crime even back at home.

I can see my dad turning red once he hears uncle Tony. But still, mom acts like a statue. Emotionless.

"Of course. My new ship." I giggled.

Uncle Tony was laughing along with me while dad was uncomfortable smiling for my sake.

Then, mom stood up abruptly from her seat. "I need to go to the bathroom." She mutters and left the room quickly.

I look at uncle Tony who shrugged looking confused as ever.

Okay, this mission is going to take a while longer than I thought.