Chapter - 31

Natasha's POV:

"What is really going on with you, Natasha? You seem a little off lately." Steve seriously asks me, as he quietly observes me doing the dishes.

I just give him a shrug, as I roll my eyes in annoyance. Such a stupid bastard.

"C'mon, Nat! I know something is off with you. Tell me what is bothering you." He keeps on pestering me with those stupid annoying questions.

I keep on ignoring him as I shift my attention towards the dishes as I keep on washing them.

I am not going to fall for your fake concerns again, you handsome douchèbag. I can't help but plot different ways on how to make him suffer just the way I did in my mind. Right now, I just wanted to punch that handsome face and strangle him to death.

You can call me a sadist, but I don't care anymore. But this is who I really am. The real Natasha Romanoff. The real Black Widow.

"Nat......you are giving me the silent treatment again. Tell me what I had done wrong." He pleaded, as he turned me around, making me face towards him. And I used to call him a gentleman?! Great, just great. By the way, that was sarcasm.

I can't help but blush a little since my crazy, stupid heart keeps on thumping in my chest so hard that even he could hear it because of our close proximity.

His hands snaked around my waist as he grips harder, pulling me closer towards him. So close that our chests are almost, no, I am positive that it is touching.

I can feel his hearbeat against my own skin as I only wear a casual t-shirt which I am sure that my bra is see-through since I want to teach him some lessons. To teach him how much he missed or how dangerous the Black Widow can be.

His breathing starts to get heavier as we lock eyes with each other.

"Nat......I...." he cannot continue further as I 'accidentally' pressed my chest against his as he lets out a grunt which makes me smirk.

I will not lie. This makes my heart go wild as well even though he behaved like an asshole. But I just can't help it. I am still mad at him.

"What are you doing, Rogers?!" I half shouted, pulling away from him with all my strength. Even though I really want to grab that perfect face and kissed him out of his senses.

But I just can't do that since I want more than just a physical relationship with him. How typical of me, the Black Widow. Even I find myself hard to believe that. But that's still the truth.

Hilarious, isn't?

"Sorry, Nat. I was just lost in the moment." He sheepishly smiles as he apologises, flashing me that boyish grin.

Why are you so fucking hard to resist, Rogers?

"I know, Rogers. I'm just irresistible, you know." I give him a smirk, as I watched his face go tomato red.

He tried so hard to hide it but I still can see that he is blushing heavily because I am a pro at this. Not gonna lie. Plus, he is very easy to read.

Folding my arms in my chest, I raised my eyebrows at him as I lean on the sink. "Okay, what do you really want to talk about?" I ask him, finally giving him all my attention.

"It's just.....you have been acting pretty distant lately and I want to know if I had done anything wrong to you. I mean...... I understand that Bruce is already here with you but can't we still be friends like we used to be? I know, now that Bruce is back, you probably would want to be with him and......" I can't take any longer of his rambling and him talking about shit.