Chapter - 41

Tony's POV:

"Are you serious, Thor?" I can't help but frown while the little girl climbs up my lap and starts listening to the phone as I talked to Thor.

I don't know what he is doing right now but I can assure that he is in trouble at the moment.

"Very serious, Stark." He breathes deeply through his thick accent, the line getting a little unclear. "177A Bleecker St., I reckon."

The little clueless girl gives me a questioning look as I mouthed her 'Thor' and she gives me a small smile as she nods.

"You sure, buddy?"

The line went a little blank, then he breathes, "It maybe 771 or 717, I'm not sure."

I shook my head. Same old Thor.

Holding myself back not to make any snarky comments, which I am dying to, I knew that he is not really in a good place at the moment so I decide against it. "I'll not comment further but if you need any help. . . .", then the line went dead.

I can't help but wonder if he might be in some deep shit. However, the thought of him being a god crossed my mind. He'll survive, I guess.

"Uncle Tony?" I look down only to be met by her piercing green orbs, looking somewhat unsure.

I let out a breath, calming myself down. If this ever is 'Strange's' address, then would this be the last time I can spend with her?

"Shoot." Encouraging her to ask away, I push myself in a sitting position and wrap my hands aroung her petite form. I don't know what is going on with me but I can't help it.

It shouldn't be this hard to let her go, right?

"Did uncle Thor really know about Doctor Strange?". There was a crinkle of suspicion on her forehead as she scrunches her nose, making her look very cute. I won't deny, cute.

I can't help the smile on my face upon seeing her reaction. "You really didn't trust him, do you?" I let out a chuckle and lift her up, causing her to giggle.

Still carrying her in my arms, I walked towards my Iron Man suit. "What do you say, we get away from this place?"

Her expressions changed completely as her eyes widen in utter shock and fear. She squirmed on my hold and get down, "No way! Are you trying to get me killed?"

I rolled my eyes, giving her a raised eyebrow. "If I get you hurt, your mother would surely skin me alive. So. . . . no, I'm not trying to kill you." I sarcastically reply, trying to knock some sense into her stubborn little brain.

She lets out an irritated sigh. "But I don't want to. I'm scared."

I run my hand through my hair, getting a little irritated myself. "If you are even a little bit socialized, kid, you would know how honoured you are that Iron Man himself offered you a ride."

She gives me a pout as she says, "But I don't want Iron Man, I want my uncle Tony."

"And I am the two of them, kid. Iron man is your uncle Tony and that is why you are the only girl I ever offered a ride, you know." I reasoned with her, trying my best to knock some sense into her.

Looking down the floor, she softly lets out a sigh as I continue,"C'mon, we don't have much time as your parents are not fools."

Her green orbs meets mine, looking at me very unsure. "Mom's gonna kill us if she found out, you know. She already warned that today was our last chance."

I let out a chuckle, somehow finding it funny that she is right. Romanoff's gonna rip my head off if she ever find out. However, we don't have any more time to waste and the suit would save many hours.

But Cap's gonna be there, right? I would depend on the fact that Cap would save my ass from his crazy ass-kicking lover.

"Stop acting like a grandma, geez. Ever heard of the song 'Live while we're young'?"

"But you're not so young now." She frowns a little, slowly studying my face.

"Are you implying I'm old?" I feigned hurt, dramatically touching my chest.

Her eyes widen, shaking her head furiously. "No. . . . I'm just saying the song is not an appropriate example for this situation, you know." She defended herself while I try to hide my smirk.

"You One Direction fan not?"

Furrowing her eyebrows together, she gives me a confused look. "Is this from Star Wars? Please be serious, uncle Tony."

"Such a grandma!" I mocked her, while she still wore that unamused look.

"You're not, like, gay right?"

"What?!"

"It's just. . . . most of them are already married now. I mean, that Harry Styles that you always liked already got married there, I think?"

I can't help it. "Harry got married? To who? Tell me."

"That's what I was talking about. Gay."

I rolled my eyes, clenching my jaw together. "Fine, we'll drop it for now. You have to give me some heads up about the future, though."

"Only this one since you drop that." She sighs as she looked around the room, while I anxiously tapped my foot, excited to hear some 'spoilers', "Happy got married there. Other than that, I have to keep my mouth shut."

I opened my mouth in utter shock. "What the hell?!"

"Stop reacting!"
_

"Hold on to me, okay?" I instruct her gently as I hold her close to me after wearing my suit.

She shook her head as she shivers a little. "This is a bad bad idea, you know."

Ignoring her statement, I can't help ask this after seeing her shiver a little. "Are you sure you dressed up warm enough?"

"I think I'm sweating."

I check her outfit again, seeing that she wore a comfy looking blue coat with matching blue boots and her little head is buried inside the cap that she is wearing.

"Blue, seriously?" I laughed at her, while she just lets out a groan.

"It's mom. I don't know why but she's always obsessed in dressing me in blue. Even here, she still bought me these."

I give her a peck on the forehead before I cover my face. "You look nice, though. My pretty little avenger."

"Hold on tight, okay?" She gives me a nod. Okay, off we go. 177A Bleecker St., do not forget.

             ****************
Author's note:

I'm so sorry for the delay, guys. I have some writer's block and I'm sorry if the chapter is up to your expectations, but the next chapter will be better.

Also, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year😊