Chapter - 13

YEAR-2031

Tony's POV:

"How can this happen, huh Strange?" I asked, still pissed at him for not knowing how to solve this 'problem'.

"I assure you, Mr.Stark, that I would find a solution to this. Soon." He said, sounding serious.

"Soon?!" I dryly laughed."How can you say that? A ten year old girl is missing, not only in this world but in the past!" I am beyond angry now.

"Well, messing with time loop is completely different. So....." He trailed, looking unsure.

"What do you mean? You are a sorcerer and this is what you do. You are also the one who send her 'there'." I emphasized the word 'there'.

"It's complex. Nobody ever mess with the time loop so.... even I have not master it. But, I will find a way."

"You didn't master it?!" I half shouted.

How could he not? Then, if he cannot bring her back, what would happen to her? Gosh, she would be very scared by now. How will she survive without us?

"No........but, I will find a way. I promise." He reassured me but I still doubt it.

"Anyway, where are the people who tried to take Clara?" I asked looking around Dr.Strange's mysterious house.

"You don't want to know. But, I assure you that they are never going near her again." He replied, as he open a book.

I sigh in defeat as I know that Strange has no other choice but to send her to the past because the one he is fighting with is one of the best sorcerer.

"I still don't get why those other sorcerers want Clara. They were so strong and knows some 'tricks' too that they took her away from us. Her mother still blames herself." I said as Strange just nods in response and keeps on going through the book.

"Well, I'm leaving now." I said, walking towards the door and Strange walks me to the door as he puts the book away.

"I hope you find a solution soon. If there is anything we can do, anything at all, let us know." I sounded so desperate which I just noticed, but I don't care at all.

He nods and closes the door. I just take deep breaths since I know that there are two more desperate people waiting for me in the tower.

        _______________________

As I head back to Stark Tower, I went up to the floor where Rogers' family are living.

I really don't feel like going in since I'm not bringing the information that they want to hear.

I noticed Red sitting in the couch with Pepper but there is no sight of Cap.

Pepper gave me a small smile and gives me a peck on the cheeks. She seems to read my body language as I tensed up.

"I'll be on our floor." She whispered as she sense that Red is going to break down in tears again. Pepper also needs some alone time since she is always a shoulder to cry on and she is hurting too because of Clara.

I just nod and let her leave.

"Hey, Nat." I awkwardly sit beside her and she looks at me with puffy red eyes.

"Where is she?" She asked, her voice was hoarse and slightly shaking.

"Where's Cap?" I asked, ignoring her question.

"In Clara's room." She replied, sounding a little disappointed.

I head to the room and saw Cap sitting on Clara's bed watching some videos of the kid when she was a toddler.