Chapter 3

I was contemplating if I was going to take Peter and Felix's advice and rest, but rest couldn't overcome my body. Peter explained that I was safe inside that circle that surrounded me. No one can go in and I can't get out, except for him. Knowing that he can get in didn't make me feel safe at all. I just lied down inside the tent and tried to sleep, but I couldn't.

So instead I started to do some stretches for that test later. Whenever that later is. I was quite flexible with all the stretching we did back in the Maze. But I was also naturally flexible. Gave the boys a bit of a shock when they first saw.

I found myself smiling at the memory.

Flashback...

"Shanks, we have a new Runner. Her name is (Y/N)."

Minho patted my shoulder as he introduced me to the other Runners. I felt nervous as I felt the other boy's stares on me, especially the boy with the dirty blonde hair and brown eyes. He was the first boy that I saw when I got here in the Maze. It was later on that I learned that his name was Newt and that he was the Second-In-Command around here.

I was the very first girl in the Glade, making everyone confused. I wasn't able to make friends with anyone and I was always alone. I was actually shocked when Minho said that he and Alby have agreed to make me a Runner. I never even wanted to be a Runner, but the job seemed to be quite good I guess.

"Alright." Minho clapped his hands and he had this smile on his face. Almost a mischievous look on his face. I was still quite naive back then, so I had no idea what Minho had in mind. "As Runners, we wake up really early. Before we head off into the Maze, we always stretch ourselves."

I noticed that the other Runners shared confused looks. They were all murmuring amongst themselves.

"We never used to that before," Newt placed his hands on his hips.

"Well we will now," Minho crossed his arms.

Minho did some stretching positions and everyone was told to copy him. I did as he said and so did the others. Some of the boys then suddenly did other stretching positions. They tried to raise their legs, which was hard for them and they roared with laughter whenever they failed. Minho tried to get them back to doing what he wanted them to do, but he just gave up later on and just laughed at the Runners.

I didn't really mind them since I took the stretching thing seriously. While they were trying to raise their legs, I also tried it myself. I was quite shocked when I saw how flexible I was. Everyone was also staring at me with awe. I let my leg fall on the ground then the other boys just went back to having their fun.

After a while, the Maze doors began to open and I stared at it in awe. I felt a swirl of nervousness in my stomach. I was going to venture into this great unknown.

"(Y/N)!" Minho called me.

"Yeah?"

"Since you're new, you're going to run with a partner," Minho explained. I looked around and saw that the boys had these smiles on their faces. "For each week, you will have different partners. (Y/N), you are given a week to memorize each section of the Maze. Good that?"

"Good that."

"This week, you'll be running with Newt. He's running Section 1."

Present...

"(Y/N)."

I jumped when I heard someone say my name. I turned around and saw that Peter was right outside my tent. I made myself seen and faced him with a blank look on my face. Quietly noticing my surroundings and saw that it was definitely darker than earlier. I had no idea how much time had passed but I was feeling prepared for this test.

"You all set?" Peter asked me with excitement in those eyes of his.

"Yeah."

"(Y/N)," Peter said. "If you need to kill anyone of the Lost Boys, feel free to do so."

I felt horrified at what Peter just said. He's known those boys longer than I have but I felt bad for them. Peter didn't care if any of them died. Even if it was by the hands of a stranger like me. In the short time I've been here, I can tell that he's truly heartless.

But then I noticed that Peter hasn't said my name until tonight. There's just something in his tone when he said it. I can't believe I'm saying this but I liked it. Maybe it's just because he has the same accent as Newt and said my name just like he used to.

"It's because they won't hesitate to kill you if they have to," he continued. "That's the rules of the game."

I couldn't help but glare at him. "You think of this as a game?" I snapped at him.

"I do," he smirked. "I'll just be watching from the sidelines. Enjoying the show."

"You're a psychopath."

He didn't say anything. He didn't even seem mad. He just raised his eyebrows and smirked once again at me. That smirk that I was to wipe off his stupid smug face.

"One final warning," he raised a finger. "There are these poisonous things around the island and they're coated among a few thorns and the arrows from some of the Lost Boys. They're called Dreamshade, and the effects of the poison are very fatal. So be careful," he casually patted my shoulder.

I didn't think that he was serious about telling me to be careful.

I heard the howling and the cheers of the Lost Boys from one part of the island. Peter turned his head to the source of the sound. An hourglass suddenly appeared into his hand, surprising me. I had no shuck idea how that just happened. He turned the hourglass upside down and the sand slowly started to fall.

"Run."

Read

Love

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

❤️ Once_Upon_A_Glade