Chapter 19

A/N: Just to tell you that this book has about four to five chapters left. But gosh darn it, I think I want to make a freaking sequel because this book is about (Y/N) moving on and not falling in love. And I outgrew writing and reading those fanfics and books where the main couple falls in just five chapters after knowing each other for a day.

Someone was shaking me, disturbing me from my sleep. I tried to wave them off but they wouldn't stop. Since I was now awake and couldn't go back to sleep, I opened my eyes and saw a full sized Liya right in front of me. She held panic in her eyes and it got me to worry.

"What's wrong?" I sat up.

She pulled me out of my tent and made me look up into the sky. The sky was dark, that was all I could take from what she wanted me to look at.

"Why'd you wake me up? It's still night."

"That's the problem!" She said, "It's not supposed to be night now. It's morning, but the sky is dark."

"Why are you going to me for help and not Peter?"

"Because the entire island, Neverland, is connected to Peter. If he's feeling bad, the island is also affected," she explained.

Without wasting a second, the both of us went to Peter's treehouse. I tried to open the door, but it was sealed shut with magic. Liya was helpful with that bit and she opened the door easily with just a flick of her wrist.

It was then we saw most of Peter's things scattered in his treehouse. There was a bag that was prepared for the quest to find that crystal. Both Liya and I walked slowly inside the messy treehouse. My heart started to beat profoundly. I was getting nervous with what I'll see next.

I heard a groaning sound coming right by the side of the bookshelf. It was then I turned my head and saw a huge lump covered in a blanket. I walked towards that lump and took out the blanket and I found who I was looking for.

"Peter! Holy shuck!" I gasped when I saw the sight that was in front of me. Peter looked so pale and so tired. I held his hand and felt that they were shaking and that they were ice cold.

Liya rushed beside me and she helped me by dragging Peter on his bed. There were some pieces of paper that were on his bed that Liya moved away. While Liya was fixing up Peter's treehouse, I was tucking Peter in. I had no idea what was happening and I was so scared for him.

When Liya came back, she placed her hand on top of Peter's head and muttered a few words. Then Peter's hands stopped shaking and he seemed to be sleeping soundly, unlike earlier.

"Liya what's happening to him?" I asked her.

"Please tell me that you've already found the crystal," she said.

"You knew about that?"

"Yes I have. Please tell me, have you already found it?" She repeated.

"We know where it is, but Peter said last night that he was just going to find it today," I told her. "What's so special about the crystal anyway?" I was getting tired of all the secrecy. "Peter told me that it could grant any wish you want, but just once. What will he use the wish for?"

"To save Neverland."

-

Liya then started to explain to me what happened the last time the pirates came here on Neverland. Not only did they kill Emory's best friend and Liya's sister, they did something to Peter.

She said that pirates used to come by to Neverland a hundred years ago and take whatever they needed to trade and sell. That was until Peter finally had enough and put an end to it. He made Neverland a place there was hard to get into. He turned the Lost Boys into warriors and made Neverland look like a hostile place.

But then the pirates got angry with what Peter did. So they plotted against him. They found a way to get into Neverland and they took it. They only had one chance to get in and they didn't let that chance go to waste. So when they came here, they sought to kill Peter. Peter had no idea that the pirates were in Neverland and wasn't ready for their attack.

They planted a poison in Peter's heart that was stronger than Dreamshade. But the pirates didn't know that the poison doesn't take effect that quickly. So Peter killed them all and destroyed the poison that the pirates had. But he had poison in his heart that wasn't easy to get out.

"How long ago was this?" I asked this.

"Almost a year ago."

"He did say that he's been searching for the crystal for almost a year," I muttered under my breath. "So that poison," I glanced at Peter, "it's taking its effect now?"

"It's been affecting him ever since it got in his system. But now, it's close to killing him."

"How long does he have?" I asked.

"I think I can give him a few more days. Magic can't fix everything."

"Why didn't he tell me?" I sighed.

"I guess he didn't want you to worry."

"Well, I have to get that crystal. I have to. There's a chance to save him and Neverland and I don't want it to slip through my hands."

"NO!" Both Liya and I turned around and saw Peter with an outstretched arm. I ran to him and tried to get him to lie down and rest. But instead, he held my wrist as tight as he could. "Don't get the crystal. It's dangerous. Don't get it."

"But you'll die if I don't," I argued. "Now rest."

He ignored me and just kept talking. "Remember when you first came here and I told you that the Shadow brought you here?" I nodded. "I lied when I said that I had no idea why he did. The last time I sent him was to search for someone who can lead Neverland when I'm gone and that's you."

"But what about Felix?"

"He said that he didn't want to. Of course, I offered the job to him but he didn't accept it."

"So you knew that you were going to die and just decided to let me get close to you!"

"I didn't mean for that to happen!"

"Yeah, well I'm still going to get that crystal because if you die, Neverland's going to die with you, you slinthead."

"No it won't. What I meant by leader is that I'll give the entire power of Neverland to you. Meaning you'll have my magic and you'll be connected to the island, so when I die, it won't be affected."

"There's still no way I'll let you die. Liya put him back to sleep!" Before Peter could contradict, Liya placed him to sleep. "Can you get someone to watch him?"

"Yeah sure. The pixies will definitely help."

"Good because I need you. I need your help in finding that crystal." 

Read

Love

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

❤️ Once_Upon_A_Glade