Chapter 24

A/N: I will still write the remaining lines of Close The Door by Beth Crowley.

When I opened my eyes, I found myself standing on the shores of Neverland. The sky was bright blue once again. A smile made its way on my face on finding out that Peter was healed. Liya was excited to see him and took my hand to teleport the both of us back to him, but I told her that I wanted to be alone.

Put on a brave face

"Is there something wrong?" Liya asked.

Back to reality

"I just- I just want to be alone. I'll be there in a moment," I reassured her. I haven't told her of what I faced in those trials. But I'm glad that she didn't pry and left me alone as per my request.

A mask of shame inside so nobody else can see

As I was alone, I was waiting for Newt to show up, but he didn't. I was truly alone, but I wasn't that sad anymore. Newt told me last night that when I had moved on, I won't see him anymore. I guess that means that I already have moved on.

Ignore the murmurings of all the "I told you so"

It was then I felt a soft breeze through my body. It was like a caress. My mind just quickly insinuated that it was Newt who sent that soft breeze. As stupid, illogical, and impossible as it might sound to others, I didn't think that. Besides, in this world, nothing is impossible.

It's just how it goes

As I waited for that feeling of sadness and dissatisfaction just like earlier when I thought I made the wrong wish, it didn't come. I was perfectly happy and perfectly content on where I was standing and who I have saved.

"I'm finally happy," I said as I looked up to the sky. "I'm happy Newt. I'm happy with this decision. And I hope that wherever you are, that you're happy too."

When you close the door

I felt that breeze again and it made me smile. I planted a blowing kiss towards the sky and I laughed and danced on the sand.

"(Y/N)!"

I turned my head and saw Felix running towards me with a wooden box in his hand. He had a happy expression that was mirroring mine.

"Peter wanted me to give you this," he handed me the box.

"Is this a thank you present from him for saving his life?" I asked as I took the box.

"I don't know but I don't think it is. He wanted me to give it to you earlier this morning. But I guess I wasn't able to reach you before you left."

"Oh," I said as I examined the box.

"But even if he won't say thank you, I will," Felix said. "Thank you for saving him and Neverland."

I smiled, "Yeah well, don't mention it. I've grown fond of this place."

"Have you already seen him?"

"No, I just got back. I'm on my way there now."

I made my way through the forest of Neverland with a smile on my face and a skip in my step. I noticed that the forest of Neverland seemed more brighter than it did before. There was a certain magical and welcoming sense to it now that made my heart swell with more happiness.