Chapter 5

A/N: I'm going to do something that's a little weird but, it's my book so I can do what I want. There will like a ghost Newt, remember when there was a voice in the first chapter telling her not to kill herself. Yeah, Newt's gonna hang with us as a ghost for a while.

Thanks for the 270+ reads!

It felt perfect that the weapon that I had right now was a crossbow. It was the same weapon I had in the Maze. What's even ironic is that Newt was the one who taught me how to use it.

I felt a tingle in my spine and stopped walking. I closed my eyes and listened really hard. It was then I heard footsteps a few feet away. My eyes shot open and I swiftly turned to my left and shot the crossbow. I could hear someone fall. I just hope it didn't kill him. I did my best to cover up the Dreamshade with a few leaves, but I know that it isn't reliable.

I don't have the luxury to check up on him. So I reluctantly continued to tread on deeper into the woods.

I have no idea how much time has passed and how much time I have left. I just need to be ready.

I suddenly found myself in front of a dark cave. I made my way towards the inside of it with my crossbow ready to shoot.

I was about to get inside but then I felt someone hug my torso and carry me away from it. I was now blindfolded and the crossbow was taken out of my hands. I tried to fight off the boys who ambushed me but they were strong. My hands were tight behind my back and my legs were tied together. I could hear the hollers of the Lost Boys since they were victorious in their hunt.

Is this it?

I wonder how I'll die. How they'll kill me. I felt myself being carried bridal style somewhere. That somewhere could be where I die.

"Don't give up now," I heard a familiar voice say in my head. It was Newt's voice. "Live for me."

I felt my feet gently placed on the ground. Someone had to steady me since I was a little disoriented hearing Newt's voice out of nowhere again. The blindfold in my eyes were taken away and so are the ropes around my arms and feet. I found myself in the middle of a circle formed by the Lost Boys. I was trapped.

Well, so much for living.

I was waiting for them. Waiting for them to come at me and kill me, but no one moved away from their circular formation.

"What's going on?"

"The final battle," Felix said, coming out from the crowd of Lost Boys.

"Who do I have to fight?"

"Pan," Felix smugly smiled and the Lost Boys cheered.

I felt my heart sink a little. From the moment I met Peter, there was something about him that felt dangerous.

"Where is he?"

"Right here, love."

He suddenly appeared inside the circle, still holding the hourglass in his hand. Estimating from the sand, I only have ten more minutes until this is over.

"You didn't say anything about this."

"Are you scared?" He mocked. He handed over the hourglass to Felix.

I didn't say anything and just growled at him because the truth is, I really am scared. But I don't want to show it.

"You can do it," Newt's voice said once again.

I swallowed a lump in my throat and breathed out. It's just like training in the Glade, I told myself. But the worst that could happen there was a broken arm or leg, this was more like running into the Maze with a low chance of survival.

"If I'm not scared, I'm not human," I stared him dead in the eye.

Peter smirked but I could see curiosity in his eyes. "Pick a weapon." A table with weapons on it appeared beside me.

Without hesitation, I picked the spear. There were a lot of choices. A sword, a dagger, a bow and arrow, a crossbow, the list goes on but it doesn't have a gun. But I picked the spear because it was something I used a lot of times in the Maze and in the Scorch.

The weapons suddenly disappeared just like when they appeared. I've gotten quite used to all this by now. I looked up at Peter who was again curious about my choice. He had a sword in his hand. Well that's just fair.

We were both facing each other on each side of the circle. Peter had this smug look that I wanted to wipe off. I know that I look focused because that's how I feel. At least I hope that's how I look.

"No appearing or disappearing," I told him.

"I play fair," he raised his hands. "If you survive until the sand on the hour glass is gone, I won't kill you. But if you die before the sand is gone, then...it's a shame." The boys laughed.

Peter then suddenly attacked with his sword aimed at my head. Damn, he's serious. I did a back roll and dodged Peter. I crouched down and cut on his leg while his back was still facing me. Red blood oozed from his leg and the Lost Boys looked at me with shock.

Peter hissed in pain. He turned around with a dark look in his eyes. He lunged at me once again and I was able to avoid him once again. We were standing on opposite sides of the circle again.

"Fight me, don't just avoid me. Fight me!" He dared me.

"Fine."

I lunged towards him clutching my spear tightly. He was getting ready to cut my stomach. He swung his sword but he missed me when I did a really low back bend. I saw the sword just a few inches away from my face and I think it even sliced some of my baby hair.

When I thought that Peter missed me, he surprised me when he suddenly sliced my back. That caused me to lose my balance and get disoriented. I landed badly on my back and I could feel the sticky blood. I sucked in a breath and went back up on my feet.

I tackled Peter and straddled him to the ground. I had my spear and pointed the tip on his neck. He didn't look scared, his forest green eyes were even daring me to kill him.

"You aren't scared to die?" I started to place the tip deeper until I could see blood on his neck.

"To die," he smiled, "will be an awfully big adventure."

My grip on the spear began to soften and so did my eyes. I didn't have anger bubbling inside of me anymore.

He's not scared, then he's not human.

"But not today."

In one swift movement, Peter broke the spear with his hands and he was now straddling me. I groaned in pain because I felt a lot of things poking at the wound at my back.

"You've got a lot of fire," he cut a long cut on my left arm. "You're really brave." Then on my right. He leaned down until his lips were in my ear. "But there's one thing you should know."

He pointed the tip of my spear at my neck, I was waiting for him to cut my neck in a swift movement. I saw a bright light and I saw Newt standing right beside me. He looked at me with pity and turned around, as if he couldn't watch anymore.

"Peter Pan never fails."

He raised the spear and I closed my eyes, waiting for the final blow that would end me.

The final blow...that never came.

I opened my eyes and saw that Peter was gone. Felix was standing right in front of me with the hourglass that had no more sand on the top.

"Congratulations."

That was the last thing I heard before I was unconscious because of all the blood I lost.

Read

Love

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

❤️ Once_Upon_A_Glade