Chapter 6

Flashback...

Right, left, left, right.

I recited in my head how many turns I did before jotting them down on my notes. Or at least until Newt stops and takes down notes. We've been running together for six days. This is our last day running together before I'm off to another section, running with someone else.

I've memorized Section 1 already but I don't fully rely on myself. I still need to take down notes and see if there are any changes. The changes are usually deeper into the Maze.

Newt and I just continued running until we both heard a noise that sent chills on our spines.

"What is that?" I asked Newt, hoping that it wasn't what I thought it was.

We heard another screech. I jumped but Newt stayed firm. It made me a little annoyed with myself since I showed that I was scared.

"Griever," Newt breathed out. "Run!"

I didn't need to be told twice and sprinted as fast as I could. Newt was right behind me as I ran. I knew that he was faster than me, in fact, he was the fastest Runner in the Glade. I just somehow think that he's staying behind to watch my back for me.

We both ran and ran and turned a lot of corners. Somehow, I didn't feel tired at all. It was this adrenaline surging inside of me because I want to live another day.

I looked back and saw that Newt was getting closer to me. The shrieks of the Griever were louder than before. It must be getting closer to us. Newt quickly clasped my hand the moment he reached me. He pulled me and urged me to run faster.

At last, we got back to the Glade.

The first thing we did was that we laid down on the soft green grass. We were exhausted. We couldn't seem to catch our breaths cause we were still panting.

"Are," Newt let out a breath. "You." Another. "Alright?" Another.

"Yeah," I panted. "You?"

"Fine."

"How close were we to our deaths?"

"I think we were really bloody close. Do you still want to be a Runner after this?"

I stopped and thought for a moment, I was also still catching my breath.

"Shuck yes."

Present...

My eyes fluttered open. I looked around and saw that I was in some sort of cabin. The previous events came back to me and hit me like a wrecking ball. I propped myself up, leaning on my elbows.

It was then I remembered that I was cut on my arms and my back. I must've felt some sort of pain, but there was nothing. My eyes landed on my arms and I didn't see cuts or scars. I was healed.

There was a lot of weird stuff on this island, I had to know how this happened. How long was I asleep?

Peter suddenly appeared right in front of me, making me jump. Also, due to reflexes, Peter suddenly appearing next to me made me punch him in his nose.

"Ow!" Peter clutched his nose. "Bloody hell!" Well, his nose was bloody.

I stood up and was about to help but Peter raised his hand for me to stop. I stood at a distance from him. He waved his hand on his nose and it was no longer bloody and broken. The scene left me flabbergasted. That was definitely different from all of the shuck things I've seen.

"H-How-"

"Since you've proven last night that you belong here, I will personally give you a tour around Neverland." Peter cut me off as if I didn't speak and as if his nose wasn't broken a few seconds ago.

"Last night?" I was shocked. "But my wounds, they're gone."

"I healed you with magic, just like I healed myself." He said, as if it was the most logical explanation in the world.

"You expect me to believe that magic is real?" I scoffed, even if I just saw him heal himself in front of me.

Peter walked towards me and eyed me. I didn't shrink back from his gaze. "You have both eyes, yet you don't see." He smirked. "Follow me, I'll give you a tour of Neverland and you've overstayed your welcome in my treehouse anyways."

A/N: Thanks for the 450 reads! This was sort of a filler.

Read

Love

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

❤️ Once_Upon_A_Glade