Chapter 21

When I opened my eyes, I was no longer in the cave. Instead, I was back to the one place I didn't think I'd be back to. I was back in the Glade. As of now, there was no one inside but me. As I've remembered, my body was inside a cave and this was nothing but an illusion.

I was in the Glade and started to run around until I felt the end of the cave. But I never felt it. It was never ending. I started to panic because it all felt real. Then I remembered that all of this was dependent on facing my fears. I have to do it for Peter and for Neverland.

At first, I had no idea what I had to do. There were so many fears here that I have to face that I have no idea which ones. It was until I heard the familiar rumbling of the Maze doors. After that, I also heard the familiar screeching of the Grievers.

I know what I have to do.

As I was headed over to the South Maze doors, I was surprised when I saw Grievers coming out of it. I turn my head and see that the East Maze doors are the only doors that don't have any Grievers coming out of them. So that's where I went. I had no idea if my test was to kill the Grievers or to escape the Maze, but for now, I'm sticking with the latter.

I sprinted towards the East Maze doors and got inside without a scratch. But the Grievers were on my tail. I could hear their screeches right behind me. They sent chills up my spine like they always did. But now was not the time to think about my fears.

My fears.

All of a sudden, I hit a dead end. I couldn't remember this part of the Maze. I was dumbfounded for a moment but when I was able to regain my composure, I turned and saw that I was cornered. There were the Grievers getting ready to come right at me. They were taking small steps towards me, as if they were reveling in their victory upon seeing me scared-

Wait, scared?

My back hit the walls of the Maze, then I realized that there was ivy. But I don't have enough time to climb them. It was then I remembered that this was all nothing but a test. An illusion in my own mind. And illusions can't hurt me, can it?

"You're not real." My heart was still beating profoundly as the Grievers got closer and closer to me.

"You're not real!" I screamed.

The Grievers stopped cold and I was actually shocked that it worked. "You're not real! Just a figment of my imagination! You're just the monsters under my bed."

They disappeared then I wasn't in the Maze anymore. I was transported back into the Scorch. I wondered what I was going to face here since it was just all sand in the middle of nowhere. Almost like in Agrabah. But Agrabah seemed like a friendly place unlike the Scorch that just looks so hostile.

Being reminded of Agrabah after facing the Grievers again and the stressful morning I had felt like a breath of fresh air. It helped me calm down and compose myself again before I face my next fear...whatever it was.

I looked around to see if there were any Cranks or other monsters out there. But then I saw that there were other things that were suddenly appearing right in front of me. I was standing right in front of a ruined building. But it wasn't just any ruined building. It was where I killed...

My eyes widened upon finding out where I was. This is my biggest fear. My worst nightmare. My most despised memory. My eyes darted all over the place to find Newt and I. I figured out that perhaps that memory will replay and I would have to watch it. But I was nowhere to be found and neither was Newt.

I walked to the spot where I shot Newt. I looked at the wall and saw dried blood on it as well on the ground. I bent down and ran my fingers through the dried blood.