Chapter 20

Opening the supply bag that Peter had prepared for himself, I saw that he had prepared no weapons but just a few notes. I was in my tent and was just waiting for Liya to return from the Pixie Caves.

Lighting the lamp inside my tent, I looked at his notes and started to read them. Most of them were about finding the crystal, facing dead ends and disappointments. There were some sketches, ideas of what the crystal looked like. While some were just doodles of flowers and plants.

"I never even knew that he could draw," I sobbed. I've been holding back my tears in that treehouse, but I can't hold it back now.

"If I could make you smile again, I would," Newt said. He was sitting right beside me with a sad expression in his eyes.

"That slinthead," I cursed. "He knew what would've happened to him, but he had to make me like him. I was content with hating him."

I sniffed as I turned another page of Peter's notes. But this time, I saw something different. There was a different sketch and it was me. It was me with the clothes I wore when I first got here. I looked at the writing on the other side and saw what Peter had written about me the first time I was in Neverland.

"The shadow finally got back," he wrote, "but he came back with a girl. I had to make a test to find out if she's truly right for Neverland. I don't doubt the Shadow's judgment but I wanted to see for myself. When I saw her in battle tonight, she fought with bravery and even spared the life of a Lost Boy even if I told her that she could kill him. But even if she showed him mercy, I could see that she was filled with rage and loss.

"The Shadow won't tell me what world or realm he took her from, but I see a lot of myself in her. I have no idea if that's good or bad. I can see how reckless she was in the test. I've been around for a long time and I can see the symptoms of someone who's suicidal. If she's going to be the new ruler of Neverland, I can't have her dying on me. She needs constant supervision in a way that she won't realize it."

That was when I realized that Peter was watching over me all that time. That was the real reason why he wanted me to tag along with him.

"(Y/N), I'm ready," Liya said outside my tent. "Are you?"

"Yeah, I am."

I wiped away the tears and took the bag, now filled with weapons, and went out to see Liya. She was still full sized when I saw her. I saw her eye the necklace that was still on my neck. I haven't taken it off since last night. My hand was still wrapped around the notebook that contained Peter's notes about the crystal and about myself.

"So where are we going?" Liya asked.

"They said that the Rhite is protected by a witch who can only be summoned in the Enchanted Forest by saying these words." I gave her the piece of paper containing the words that needed to be said. "I have no idea what they mean."

"Basic elvish," she said when she saw the paper. "Don't worry, we got this. Before we leave," she made a circular hand mirror appear in her hand, "you can use this to see Peter." I took the mirror from her hand and placed it in my bag.

Liya held my shoulder and we were both transported into the Enchanted Forest. The both of us landed in a forest and the sun blinded me for a moment. I got a little used to the darkness in Neverland that I forgot that it was supposedly morning now.

Liya then said the words that could summon the witch. I had no idea what she just said but I was really glad that she knew that it was elvish.

We both suddenly felt a strong gust of wind that almost blew us away. We watched as a lady with long dark hair emerged out of nowhere. She was wearing a black dress that was a huge contrast with her ivory colored skin.

"I have been summoned." She walked to both Liya and I with an air of confidence and would leave others intimidated. "My name is Eloise, the Guardian of the Rhite. I can see that I have another brave soul who wants to see if they could get the Rhite," she looked at me with her dark eyes. She didn't look scary, but she just looked really intimidating.

"Yes, that is me," I stepped forward.

She eyed me up and down before speaking once again. "If you are successful then what would you wish for?"

"For my friend to be healed," I replied.

"Wouldn't you rather live with your beloved again?" She suggested. I didn't even question how she knew that and just concluded that it was magic. "The crystal can do more than just healing that friend of yours. It could bring him back and let both of you have the life that you couldn't have before."

It was then it suddenly dawned on me how powerful that crystal really is. It's possible that I could have a future with Newt. It was so tempting, but I can't let Peter and Neverland die.

"I'm still staying with my original choice."

Eloise hummed in response, obviously amused with my reply. She didn't look like she believed me. "Alright then. If that is what you wish. To get the crystal, you'll have to face a test."

I groaned inwardly. I've had enough of tests. "What is it?"

Eloise snapped her fingers and the three of us were transported in front of this dark and eerie cave. "This cave is where the crystal is hidden and you will face your personal, deepest, darkest fears inside." She looked at my face and tried to see some fear in my eyes. I just hope that I didn't show any.

"I won't get to come with her?" Liya came by my side.

"No. The both of us stay out here and wait until she gets out or fails the test."

"Well I won't fail," I said. But I wasn't certain who I was trying to convince.

"We'll see," Eloise placed her hands on her hips. "Let's go."

Without wasting any more time, I went inside the cave and was trying to prepare my mind for what I was about to face. When I stepped inside the cave, the opening suddenly disappeared. I ran towards the opening which was now covered in rocks, it was like there was never an opening.

"Hey! What the shuck is going on!" I slammed my hand on the rocks. I placed my ear and tried to listen for either Eloise or Liya on the other side, but there was nothing.

"I really hate magic," I muttered under my breath.

"Well magic can save your friend." Eloise appeared right behind me and there were lights inside the cave. Then I saw that this was just a dome. There are no other pathways out here.

"What trick are you pulling here?"

"As of now, your pixie friend and I are in my castle, so I'm not really here. And you are trapped inside this cave that no one could ever find because it's covered by a concealing spell. As I've said, you'll face your personal, deepest, darkest fears in this test and if you've overcome them, then you will have the Rhite under your command."

"Alright then. I'm ready," I told her. "Let's play."

A/N: Guys I wanna thank you for now 1,920+ reads! And as of July 27, 2018, here are the rankings in this book.
#3 - ouatpeterpan
#10 - page250
#483 - neverland
#824 - peterpan
#247 - movingon
#142 - paradise

Thank you! And I think the sequel is getting closer and closer to becoming real.

Read

Love

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

❤️ Once_Upon_A_Glade