Chapter 18

A/N: I'm going to add a few lines of a song that's going to be part of the playlist for this book. It's entitled Wings by Birdy.

When we got to the palace, everything just blew me away. This world that I'm in, the world that Peter is letting me explore, they just keep surprising me. There were so many people wearing such fancy dresses and having elaborate hairstyles and wearing beautiful jewelry. But I didn't feel self conscious at all. All I cared about was being here and experiencing new things.

I looked to one side and saw that there was a buffet table and on the other were some musicians playing while the others danced in the middle of the room. There was one couple that danced in the middle of the crowd. They were staring at each other with such love that I felt a small twinge of jealousy and sadness, remembering how Newt and I were like that before.

I felt something holding my hand and saw that it was Peter's. His eyes were also gazing at the lovely couple, and I wondered if he knew what I was thinking. "That's Prince Thomas," he said. "His father has arranged this ball so that he could find himself a wife, I think he's already found her."

"That's cute."

"Come on," he pulled my hand, "we have to go to the Royal Family."

When Peter introduced himself, using a different name than the Pied Piper, we were both led towards the King and the Queen. Mostly their focus was on Peter instead of me, which is quite good. I didn't want the attention. The King seemed really pleased when Peter gave him the box. He then commanded a guard to take both Peter and I to the Royal Library.

"Do you want to come?" Peter asked before we left for the Library. "You can stay and have fun. Try the food and dance."

"I always do, Peter," I smirked.

"Okay," he nodded.

So as the both of us followed the guard towards the Royal Library, Peter seemed silent as we got closer. It was like he was really nervous. I took his hand and gave him a small squeeze. That seemed to calm him down a little.

"Were you actually going to let me be on my own?" I asked him. "You know, after last time."

"I just don't think that you can get in any more trouble here than in a pub."

When we got into the Library, there were so many books inside that it just took my breath away. I had no idea how people could read that many books. I followed Peter's lead as he pulled me through the twists and turns of the Library. It was as if he's been here before.

"You know your way around," I commented.

"That traveler handed me the map of the Library and the title of the book. Don't you remember?"

"Guess I wasn't listening."

"Here we are." Peter let go of my hand and pointed at some book in the tall bookshelf. I watched as the book was taken away from its original place and landed right on Peter's hands. We didn't waste any time on admiring the book or anything else, Peter placed the book on the table and started to flip through the pages.

"It's called a Rhite, right?" I asked.

Peter nodded as he searched through the table of contents. It had information on different types of crystals and they were listed in alphabetical order. When Peter saw what chapter that contained information about the Rhite, he went to that page without wasting a second.

We both leaned in and read the information that it held. It was said that a Rhite was protected by a witch. To find the witch, they just have to say these weird words in the forest, but I had no idea what they meant. Peter soaked up every word that was on the page.