Chapter 7

Peter gave me the tour of Neverland and it was really a majestic and wonderful place, that's what I would've thought if I wasn't trapped here. I still have no idea how I'm going to escape. To me, there seems to be nothing else but just this island on the vast sea.

Then I thought, if this was all that there was, it must be quite lonely. Maybe that's why Peter kidnaps random people, because he's lonely. But that type of sob story won't change my mind about leaving here.

Peter told me that he wanted to make me his partner in his "business deals." I scoffed. What type of business deals does he even deal with? I wanted to refuse, but he told me that since I was clearly one who wants to see the world, this would be the perfect job for me. He also told me that he wanted a second opinion from someone who knows what they're doing.

I had no choice but to accept his offer.

I detested the boy but that doesn't mean I'm not up for some adventure.

He told me that I should prepare myself for this afternoon. He said that he had a business with someone in the Enchanted Forest which is where he does most of his deals.

I was now in my tent which was still a good distance away from the boys. My mind was still running wild with the events that happened.

"Penny for your thoughts?"

I jumped at the familiar sound of his voice but smiled all the same. There he was standing right in front of me, Newt.

There was something I never told any of my friends, I still see Newt and he's always with me. I knew for a fact that he was dead, but my mind wouldn't have it.

"I'm just confused that's all," I sighed.

I sat on my cot and Newt sat right beside me. "What's there to be confused about? You've landed in a new world and you can start anew."

"It doesn't feel like that."

"Would you have rather stayed in Paradise?"

I smiled sadly. "It isn't Paradise without you."

Newt held a sad expression on his face. I raised my hand to touch his face, but I knew that it'll just slip through the air. Before I reached his face, Peter's voice roared outside my tent.

"(Y/N)! Time to go!"

I sighed and went outside my tent. There I saw Peter standing outside with a sack on his back. He threw it at me and I was able to catch it. It wasn't that heavy. He gestured for me to look at it and all I could see were plants of some sorts.

"What's this? Fertilizer?"

"No," he didn't sound amused. "They are ingredients for potions. Neverland is very rich on some ingredients and I sell them to those who are able to pay," he explained.

I placed the sack at my back and started to follow him. Then I began to wonder what they pay him with. Money is of no use here and there doesn't seem to be anything that he needs.

"What do they pay you with?"

"None of your business."

Newt was right beside me and the both of us shared a look as we both followed Peter to wherever the shuck he's going. I didn't bother to push him. As much as it looks quite fun to push his buttons, I don't think now is the time.

"Just be patient with the shank," Newt whispered to me, but it's not as if he could be seen or heard.

"Well that'll be impossible," I muttered under my breath.

"Did you say something?" Peter stopped in his tracks and turned his head.

"Nothing."

He turned his head and continued walking. It didn't take long before we reached a cave. He continued to walk inside of it and I followed him, but I could feel a chill creeping in my spine. It was quite dark and I couldn't see anything until there was a ball of fire that had suddenly appeared from Peter's hand.