Chapter 10

Peter disappeared right before my eyes and I was left on the shores of Neverland. I was heading back to my tent, but then I was blocked by Felix. His head was still covered with his hood and he was coolly leaning on the bark of a tree.

"How mysterious," I smirked. "Is there anything you need?"

"Yes. The Lost Boys want to meet you."

"Didn't they already meet me last night?"

"Well, they want to meet you in a way that they don't need to kill you." He chuckled.

I rolled my eyes and took off the hood from his face. "What's with the hood?"

"That's part of my style."

I hummed in response. Felix was quite different from the other day.

"Don't get used to it. I'm not always like this." That was when I noticed that I just said it out loud. "Peter's just in a good mood and so am I. So, wanna go?"

"Yeah okay. Let's go."

-

The Lost Boys were really nice when they're not trying to kill you. Getting to know them was like my first night with the Gladers, but they didn't exactly try to kill me. I thought that they would hold some grudges, especially with that boy that begged me to kill him, who was called Emory. But I did place a mental note to talk to him when we're alone.

I was sitting on a log with some of the Lost Boys. They were asking about my life before coming here to Neverland. I didn't exactly know how to answer them.

How could I tell them that I have no recollection of my past? How can I tell them that I was experimented on because of some cure that was never found? The challenges and obstacles I've faced just to survive.

It was easy actually. I could tell them of everything that's happened to me and they'll believe me. Some might or some wouldn't. But the question is if I really want them to know. Do I really want them to know about my past? About everything?

The answer is no.

Neverland is a place to start anew and I don't want anything tying me down to my past. I don't want anything to remind me of my life before. I know it's unfair but who'll remember me there anyways? I know that there's Thomas, Brenda, Minho, and many more. But they all might already think that I'm dead anyways.

Should I at least honor my friends and everyone that I was with?

"(Y/N) are you alright?" Emory asked me, with his hand on my shoulder. I was still quite wary of the physical contact, but I didn't want to hurt his feelings by shrugging him off.

I hadn't noticed that I spaced out in front of the Lost Boys and Peter, who was just in the shadows, but I saw him. There was also Newt, who's right there beside him. For a moment, I forgot what we were talking about.

It was then I remembered that they asked about my life before I got here.

"Sorry about that."

"Alright boys," Peter's voice rang throughout the entire camp. All the boys suddenly shot up to their feet. I noticed that some had fear or anxiousness in their eyes when they noticed that he was right there behind them. "(Y/N)'s got to rest so that she'll have her strength later for your games."

After that, Peter disappeared from our sights. I stood up from the log and started to walk to my tent. 

A/N: So sorry that it look this long to update again. I was a little stuck and I didn't know how to continue with my original plan for the chapter, until when I read it again, I realized that it was good despite that it was short. Don't worry, the next chapter is pretty long.

Thank you so much for 1,640+ reads and 74 votes!! Love you shanks!

Read

Love

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

❤️ Once_Upon_A_Glade