Chapter 12

When I woke up the following day, I saw that Peter had taken me back to my tent and had prepared some type of antidote for my headache. I was so grateful for that since I didn't want to deal with this shuck of a headache.

For two days, I didn't see Peter until he came to me one morning to tell me of another deal in the Enchanted Forest.

"I expect you not to fool around this time." He threw me the sack.

"You left me there! You even gave me some money!" I defended myself.

"Yeah well I didn't think you'd actually have to use it."

"You don't think I don't know how to have fun?" I scoffed.

"I didn't think that you'll have too much fun and I told you not to leave the pub!"

"Well I wasn't in my right mind." I huffed. "Let's just stop this incessant arguing and get on with it."

"Right," Peter nodded. "Let's go."

Peter was reaching for my hand until I noticed that he just held my shoulder. In the blink of an eye, I was back in the Enchanted Forest with Peter wearing that cloak again.

"It will just be like the first time you went here. We aren't going to a pub, but to a simple couple's house but we have to pass through a city. " I nodded my head and followed Peter as he walked into a nearby city.

Upon walking in the city, it was as busy as the pub near the docks the other day. Everyone was bustling about and minding their own business. It was quite easy to lose Peter in this crowd if he wasn't holding my wrist as if I was a five year old.

"I don't understand something," I told him, "why can't we just appear right in front of the house? I don't mind sightseeing but I would've thought that you were in a hurry."

"Because we have to appear in a secluded place where no one could see us."

"Why? I thought magic was normal here."

"Would you rather that people look at the both of us with fear just like the town that we first went to together?"

"I thought that that was just an impression that you leave on people."

Peter then stopped in his tracks and he loosened his grip on my wrist. He faced me and I have no idea if I'm right, but he seemed a little hurt by my comment. I would've thought that he would be proud of it. Now, I feel a little bad.

"You're right. It's an impression I leave on people, no matter what I do. The magic just makes it a bit worse."

"Well, I'm not scared of you. If that makes it any better." I had no idea if what I said was helpful, I just hoped it was.

"Right well, you're the first. Come on."

He took my wrist once again and we walked away from the city and ended up in a cosy little cottage at the edge of the city. That was where the nice couple lives. When they saw Peter, I saw the fear in their eyes and curiosity when they saw me.

"This is (Y/N)," he introduced me to them. He took off the hood that was covering his face.

Somehow when they saw me, all fear diminished from their eyes. They invited us in with a warm smile. I learned that they were both studying the uses of plants and Peter had a plant that they had really needed. It was really weird because I was used to the hostility and secrecy whenever Peter would make one of his deals with his clients. Well, there was still that but I wasn't used to his clients being so...domestic.

When we gave them the sack, they checked it first. Then the couple started to whisper to each other. I had no idea what it was about; it seemed to be leaving Peter agitated.