Chapter 15

"So how is this going to work exactly?" I asked Peter as I tried to make myself comfortable.

"Don't worry. You're just going to sleep and dream and I'll be there with you."

Peter and I were at his treehouse. He was preparing some type of potion and I saw him using that plant that he bought in Agrabah.

"You'll be in my head?"

"Yes. I've been wanting to do this for quite a while."

"Why?"

"As I've said," he took the potion and placed it in a shot glass. The potion was a color red and it smelled like the flower that Peter bought in Agrabah. That really fragrant scent lingered in my head. "You've been having nightmares quite frequently. I'm here to help you get over what's causing this."

"I'm not sure you'll like it."

"Nobody likes nightmares," he quipped. "I think you'll enjoy drinking this since it's in this type of glass." He handed me the shot glass and he held one himself.

I just sent him a playful glare but didn't say anything. Taking in a deep breath, I drank the potion in one shot and fell into a deep sleep.

When I woke up, I wasn't in the treehouse anymore. Peter and I were both on a mountain. The view was really splendid on top. On one side of the mountain, all I could see was green while on the other, it was a vast ocean. I lifted my arms and felt the wind slipping through my fingers.

"Where are we?" Peter asked as he sat right beside me on the edge.

"I have no idea," I told him. "This place looks so familiar, but I can't put my finger on why. This isn't Neverland or the Enchanted Forest is it?"

"No," he shook his head. "As far as I know. I've never seen this in Neverland, but it could be the Enchanted Forest." He looked around for a while. It's like he was looking for something.

"What are you doing?"

"This is your dream or your nightmare, as I had calculated. I'm searching for the monsters and demons that haunt you in your dreams," he told me. "Better not see me in here," he joked. I laughed at that.

"Well," I clapped my hands, "since it's my dream, perhaps I could tell you about him."

"About Newt."

"Yes." I've been trying not to say his name, but there it is. "But first, we have to start from the beginning."

I started to tell Peter about my world. How my world has been scorched by the sun and that a virus, called the Flare, has taken over the world. Then I told him about WICKED, how they took the children who are immune to the virus and tested them. How they put them on trials so that a cure could be found.

"I don't remember all of it," I told him. "Because we were then sent into the Maze and it was a life sized Maze where we had to find a way to get out. It was another test. But the catch is that, our memories are erased and all we know is the name that WICKED gave us."

It was then I told him about the Maze and that I was a Runner. I started to tell him about Newt. How we fell in love in the Glade. I looked at Peter and he looked like he was in some sort of trance.

"Peter, are you okay?" I asked him.

"I can see it," he said.

"See what?"

"When you tell me the story, it plays in your head and I can see it."

"Why can't I see it?"

"It's because you're the storyteller and I'm the listening audience. I see whatever you want me to see," he explained. But just like before, I don't always understand Peter when he's talking about magic. "I finally see why you're such a great warrior and where that language came from."