Chapter 18

So quickly I'm gonna say that this chapter is gonna be about stuff when Storm was a kid, and maybe the next chapter as well, since Storm isn't going on that one mission thing with Sakura, Jiraiya and Naruto, I thought this would be better instead of just a time skip.
--------------------------------------

A few days later

Storm's POV

I sit in my apartment board and I decide to walk down memory lane.

I walk through my apartment to my bedroom and I pick up a picture that has me, Shikamaru, Dad and Mom in it.

I smile.

Flash Back

"Mom, look, Shikamaru helped me with my studies and we both aced the test." I say holding up my test paper with a grin on my face.

Mom laughs and looks at our test papers. "You guys did well, did you thank Shikamaru for helping you study?" Mom asks.

"Yes and in return, I let him win a game of cards." I say to her.

"Hey, I won by my own skills." Shikamaru says to me.

I smirk. "Did you?" I ask and Shikamaru nods. "Fine, I'll let you think that." I say and Mom laughs at us.

"Alright, Storm, why don't you play a round of cards with me?" Mom asks pulling out a deck.

"Alright." I say to her with a smile.

We play a few rounds of cards and Mom loses every round.

"Oh come on." Mom says looking at my cards that I placed down. "How am I supposed to top that? Fine, I give up, you win again." Mom says to me and places her cards down to reveal she had no way of winning.

 I smile at her. "I know." I say to her.

"Did Storm have the luck of cards again?" Dad asks walking in.

"Yes, yes I did." I say to him.

Dad laughs and ruffles mine and Shikamaru's hair. "You two are geniuses, Storm with her cards and Shikamaru with your brains." Dad says to us.

We fix our hair. "Dad, not the hair." We say to him.

Dad laughs. "Alright, alright." Dad says and the four of us take a picture together, me grinning, Shikamaru and Dad smirking and Mom smiling.

End of Flash Back

I put the photo down and I look at another picture.

"Hey, this is when I first met Mom and Dad." I pick up the picture. "Shikamaru couldn't keep his mouth shut about what happened the first day of school and his parents came looking for me. Ha, that was a funny day." 

Flash Back

I walk out of the academy as a few people follow me.

I put my scarf up over my nose and I run down the street to my apartment. 

Once I get there I unlock the door and walk in, I close the door behind me and I make myself a frozen dinner.

I sit on the couch eating when I hear a knock.

I look at the door confused and I place the frozen dinner on the table, I walk over to the door and I open it. I see a woman with brown hair and dark eyes and a guy with scars on his face and tanned skin. I look at them unamused. 

"Did you want something?" I ask them.

"Shikamaru's right, she does have an attitude." The woman says to the guy.