Chapter five

This one might be a little short, but I hope you enjoy it though.😘

I might have been a little harsh. I just took our daughters then ran. I saw the way the waitress was looking at him. He would probably asked for her number.
As I made it home I threw open the door then slammed it shut. I was pissed off. Just because he's a billionaire it doesn't give him the right to pay for everything.
I put the girls in their room then went and grabbed ice cream. I turned on the tv to Riverdale my all time favorite show. I threw on my warm blanket then got comfortable. Right in the middle Betty and Jugheads kiss there was a knock on my door. I didn't want to get up.
I opened the door then slammed it shut and locked it. On my front porch stood Jared Stone.
"Come on Emory."
"Why?" I yelled my back against the door.
"Just please open the door?" Jared pleaded.

"No."

"Please just let me explain."

I opened up the door just a crack to see his face. He was leaned up against the wall next to the door. He didn't notice the door creek as I stepped outside and into the freezing cold air of December.

I leaned up against the wall next to him. He look at me with his sad blue puppy dog eyes. The eyes that would be forever in your mind once you see them.

"You know it's freezing right?" he asked looking at me. I gave a small laugh.

Then I looked down at my feet that were freezing with no shoes on. I didn't have my jacket either.

Jared took off his jacket and put it around my shoulders holding it there with his rough hands on my shoulders. I smiled up at him and his features changed. He smiled back at me his beautiful smile.

"Can we please talk?" Jared asked me.

"Sure," I said, "can we atleast go inside I'm frozen."

"Yeah." he opened the door and we walked into the living room.

"Do you want some coffee or hot chocolate?" I asked going into the kitchen.

"Um cocoa is fine."

I continued making the cocoa then took the mug to him and put mine on the coffee table.

I sat on the couch oppisite of him and he started talking.

"Look Em I'm sorry about earlier," he stopped for a couple of seconds then started talking again. "I never should have done that."

"Well this isn't me accepting your apology but I should have let you pay in the first place."

"I did pay anyway." I laughed.

"Did you atleast get the waitresses number?" I asked him with a small smirk on my face.

"Yes and no." Jared said.

"What does that mean?"

"It means I got it, but I-I threw it away. I didn't want it so I threw it away."

I stared at the man I once married in shock.

"Why would you do that?"

"I'm in love with someone and I don't want a girls number."
He smiled down at me. He was even taller than me on the couch.

"I think I'm going to go." He said getting up and walking to the door. I walked with him to the door.

"Thank you for letting me talk."

"Well it was that or you froze to death. I can't really have my daughters father dead by hypothermia." He laughed at that.

"That would never happen, Em." Jared said looking into my full green eyes.
Then Jared leaned down and....

Word count:604
Thanks for reading. Sorry it took awhile.