Chapter Eleven

Recap

Emory was pushed by her neck to a wall and all she saw was black.

As I woke up I saw a baby blue ceiling. I looked around the room. It smelled of horrid medicine and cafeteria green beans. I gagged.
I moved my head to look around the room. The walls were baby blue too. There was a adjoining bathroom. The door was cracked open just a bit.
I moved my arm but I saw all the tubes and needles in my flesh. I grabbed the tv remote and turned it onto Boy Meets World.
The door opened and in walked a lady wearing scrubs. She looked to be around mid thirties. Her blonde hair had streaks of gray. Her blue eyes were dull. Not like a cloud and full of life.
"Hi, I'm Penelope. You're Emory right?" The blonde asked looking at the clipboard.
I shook my head my throat too dry to talk.
"You must need water." She said then started an argument with herself. She excused herself, and left abruptly.
As she left I turned back to my show.
I got to the part where Topanga pushed Cory against the lockers and kissed him, but the doctor walked in.
"Hello, I'm Dr. Parker and I'm assuming you're Emory, right?"
I nodded.
The nurse walked in with a cup of water and placed it in front of me.

"So your throat may hurt for a couple of days and you have a concussion from the impact you head had with the floor." Dr. Parker said taking the clipboard. "Have a nice day."

I smiled then laid back down. I looked for my phone and found it on the bedside table. There were tons of texts from Jayden and Chloe. I had one hundred and fity missed calls from Jared and more from my parents.  I got into my texts and texted my friends back.

There were som texts from Jared and I smiled while reading them.

I never texted Jared back after the last one.

I looked at my phone in disbelief. I so wanted to take him back, but he hurt me so bad.

Is it bad to love someone who hurt you?

I sat in the hospital bed just staring at the ceiling.

The door opened and in walked Jared with our daughters. I smiled at him and my baby girls.

He put Caitlyn in my arm without the needle, and sat in the chair beside my bed.

The girls fell asleep so Jared called Chloe to take them home.

We just sat there saying nothing. Jared broke the silence.

"How are you?" Jared put my hand in his and smiled. " Shit I'm sorry that's not something you say to someone in a hospital."

"It's fine." I smiled down at my lap.

"So what happened yesterday?" Jared asked making me lift my head up to look at him.

"How do you not know? You did come here."

"Jayden told me." Jared said honestly.

"So you don't know. Well yesterday at lunch I was coming back and there was this creepy guy named Jamie."

"Jamie. That son of a bitch." Jared said his face getting angry.

"Yeah, that was his name. What about him?"

"He used to work for me. There is something else, but Em don't get mad."

"Jared I don't get mad."

"Yeah, right." Jared said his voice full of sarcasm.

"Just tell me."

"Okay, Jamie is Jasmine's boyfriend. He just got out of prison." Jared looked into my eyes as he finished. "He was in there for raping an underaged girl."

"Oh god." I said tears coming to my eyes.

"It's fine he is going to jail for abuse."

"You can't be sure of that." I said looking at him.

"I won't let anyone hurt you." Jared said.

"Yeah, but what if you hurt me." Jared looked hurt by what I said.

"I'm just going to go." Jared said getting up and walking to the door.

"Jared I'm sorry." I said looking up.

"It's fine." he opened the door and walked out.

I just screwed everything up.

Later my parents walked in. We talked for a while then they left.

I lay in bed just thinking about Jared. He's never going to forgive me.

word count:730

Please vote, comment, share, and follow. Let me know what you think. Do you think we can get to 4K?