Chapter ten

How long do you think it will take to get to 3K.

The next morning I got up and got ready.
I couldn't believe I slapped Jasmine yesterday, but she did deserve it. My hand hurt like a son of a bitch after, but all of it was worth it. I went to the bathroom and did my makeup.
I took the girls to daycare then started on my way to work. I was not keen on seeing Jasmine, but that's the price of having a good job.
I walked in and saw Ariel at her desk. I was early so I stopped at her desk.
"Hi, Ariel." I said smiling at the brunette girl at the front desk.
"Hiya." Ariel said smiling probably hurting her cheeks.
"So I got the job."
"I know I heard you bitch slapped Jasmine." She laughed so hard I thought she was going to fall out of her chair. After her laughing fit she looked at me. I laughed.
We went to the break room and grabbed coffee. We sat there talking about random things and after about forty five minutes I had to get to work. I made a cup for Jared then went up to get working.
As I walked in I saw Jasmine sucking the face off a guy. I walked around them to get into Jared's office and knocked.
"Come in." Jared yelled.
I walked in and set his coffee on his desk.
I walked over to my desk to put my stuff down then went back to get going on work. It was going to be a long day.
Around lunch time I went to get ya some food. Jared wanted Chinese food. I went to our old favorite place.
I walked in and saw the manager Jenny. She was a little old lady with a big heart. I smiled at her. She smiled back like she remembered me.
"Hi, Jenny can I get the special." I said looking up at the board.
"Sure thing darling." She smiled going back to her work.
After I got the food and paid I left. The building was three blocks away.
I took off my heels and held the two things in either hand.
I was walking up to the office but I was stopped by a ugly looking guy.
"Hi beautiful I'm Jamie. What can a guy like me to get a girl like you into their sheets?" The creep said giving me his nasty ass smile.
"Nothing. I'm taken." I smiled in victory then tried slipping out of his grip.
"I don't see a damn ring, bitch." Jamie yelled using both hand around my neck and pushing me against the wall.
The food I once had was now splattered on the white tiled floor. And everything went black.

Word count:504