Chapter fourteen

Who? Oh the girl.
"Lets go." Jared rushed me, but we weren't fast enough.
"Jared." The girl named Erica yelled.
Jared rushed us faster.
The girl named Erica stopped in front of us. She was beautiful. Her long dark brown hair hanging over her shoulders. Her crop top showing her pierced belly button,her denim ripped shorts, and her tan legs.
"Erica." Jared said his tone cold.
"Don't be like that, baby." Erica said in a seductive voice. She wrapped her arms around his neck.
I started walking away. Tears had built up in my eyes as I ran through the sand.
I made it to the parking lot. I heard footsteps running in the sand. I know it was Jared.
Hot tears were spilling down my face. Jared took my hand and led me to his car. We sat in there for what felt like ever until he started the car. The ride was super silent my head laid on the window. We got to my apartment, but Jared didn't unlock the door.
"Emory we need to talk."
"Talk then."
"Emory, Erica was the girl I was supposed to marry. My parents set up and arranged marriage. All they wanted was more money." He took a deep breath then continued. "Em, to be honest I never really loved her. Not the way I love you."
I sat there in silence. I unlocked my door and got out.
I turned around not shutting the door just yet.
"Why did you never tell me about her?"
"It never seemed important."
"It was Jared it really was. Oh and I quit." I said with venom in my voice. This time I shut the door and walked to the apartment. My babies were asleep and I went to bed.
My mind couldn't focus on sleep it was on Erica's hands on Jared's shoulders. He didn't push them off.
I thought about something else. I thought about all the hell Jasmine put me through. I thought about Ariel and our gossip in the break room. I thought about Jared and our kisses. I worked for Jared about two and a half weeks. All the kisses we had shared.
My wind went to an old memory.
Flashback
"High school sucks." My best friend Delilah said with a sigh.
"No kidding."
The cafeteria door opened. The football team came crowding in.
Delilah and I were in line for lunch. A footballer player was behind me.
I looked up Russ Adams he's a total jerk. He hated me and Delilah.
We got our food and I was about to pay glide mine when Russ tripped me and my food went all over my white shirt. My body was frozen in its spot. Jared Stone the captain of the team came up to Russ.
"What the hell man? That was not cool."
Jared helped me up and we walked out.
"Thank you." My voice sounded so small.
"No problem. I'm Jared Stone."
I realized he wanted my name.
"I'm Emory Taylor."
"What a beautiful name for such a beautiful girl." Jared said making me blush.
We ended up at his locker. He pulled out a white shirt. It looked so long, it was going to go to my knees.
I went to the restroom and changed my shirt. The shirt smelled like him. Okay that sounded creepy. I took my hair tie out of my thick brown hair. I tied my shirt  into a knot in the back. My hair was wild. I ran my fingers though it a couple times. I moved my hair to one side then walked out. Jared stood there smiling.
We walked down to my locker. I threw the dirty shirt in there and we started walking back.
"Can we be friends?" Jared asked not looking at me.
"Yeah we can be friends." I smiled to myself.
End of Flashback

I smiled at the memory. We were friends through high school. I never met his parents until after we started dating.
His parents probably set up his marriage when he was at college.
I still didn't like how he never told me.
Oh shit I quit my job. I forgot about that detail. Shit.
I'll find another job. I hope.

Word count:710

I'm so sorry I haven't updated my life has been hectic. I was doing tests at school and all my creative juice ran away from me.