Chapter Nineteen

Do you guys have any ideas on a name for book 2. I'm going to make a new cover for this book.
🖤Beware drama ahead🖤

Three weeks after Jared moved in I started getting phone calls. The sound of deep breaths was the only thing heard from the other line. I was not about to tell Jared, he would flip.
Late one night Jared and I were laying in bed when there was a pounding on the door. Jared got up with his baseball bat and walked towards the door.
"Emory stay there."
I didn't listen.
He opened the door and a box sat on the welcome mat.
Jared looked outside and no one was there. He turned around with the box in his hand. He locked the door and we went to he couch.
Opening the box I saw my bra and underwear that were hidden in the back of the closet. Looking again I saw the girls outfits that Jared had bought them.
Jared looked and was stunned.
"What is this?"
"I-I don't know." I said looking into his beautiful eyes.
Deeper in the box were things that Jared had won for me when we had dated. Taking a stuffed monkey out he laughed.

Flashback
"I bet you, you can't win me a prize." Jared said cockily as we approached the bottle toss.
"Okay, it's on lover boy." He only smiled at me.
I won and Jared wanted a monkey. The guy gave us the one holding a red heart. Jared handed it to me.
"You have my heart. I want you to have it." He swooped down and kissed me.
End of Flashback

Scared I jumped off the couch and threw the box across the room. A camera fell out.
Without thinking I picked it up and looked through it. There were pictures of Jared me and the girls. Some at the office at the daycare. I threw the camera at the wall and it shattered into pieces.
Jared got up and hugged me. His strong arms around my waist made it alright for the time being. I was still freaking out.

Jared took my hand and we went up to our room. We talked about the contents of the box and then we drifted off into a peaceful sleep.

The next morning Jared was gone when I woke up. I got the girls ready for daycare. I was planning on spending the day with Chloe. I kissed the girls heads and walked out of the daycare.
A person came up behind me and a cloth was put over my nose and mouth. That's all I remember before blacking out.

Emory texted me saying she was going to spend the day with Chloe.
After work I went to pick up the girls and we went home. Emory wasn't home. I figured she was still with Chloe. I made dinner for the girls then got them in bathes and put to bed. Emory still wasn't home.
I texted Chloe.
J: is Emory still with you?
C: no she didn't come over at all.
C: why what's wrong?
J: she isn't here and I know if she wasn't going anywhere she would have taken the girls out of daycare.
C: she's missing.
J: yeah.

As I texted the last word it's the tears fall. I knew who did it and they would not like me when I found her. Trust me I would find her.

Word count: 597

What do you think?  Please vote, comment ,and share.
Also please read some of my other stories.