4. Let's have fun in town

---***---

"I remember, but don't you think it is still early for you to be here?" Yu Zeng looked out the window, he tried to maintain a cold attitude but the smile on his lips couldn't hide his happiness upon meeting the protagonist of the story.

"Yes... but I want to fight with you like we always do, earth against water." Heng Guiying smiled at Yu Zeng.

"I would love to do that but you see... I believe nature is telling me, now is not the right time for us to fight."

"..." Both Heng Guiying and Wei Shun looked at Yu Zeng.

"So, you can leave now." Yu Zeng said to Heng Guiying.

"You know that our sect is located on the other side of the mountain, right?"

"Of course I do... and I think, since you want to practice, it would be a good way to build your stamina to travel back and forth."

Okay, protagonist. It's my dream to see you in person but don't challenge me out of the blue ah, though this body has a good water cultivation level, I'm still not accustomed to it.

"Nah, I want to stay here." Heng Guiying sat on the chair next to Yu Zeng.

Wei Shun stood up and was about to leave carrying the empty dishes when he heard Yu Zeng.

"Wei Shun, would you like to come with us in town?"

Heng Guiying and Wei Shun were both surprised when they heard it.

"Um... is it okay big brother?" The child asked.

Yu Zeng smiled warmly, stood up, and went closer to Wei Shun to ruffle his hair. "Of course! It's okay!" Yu Zeng smiled brightly.

Heng Guiying looked at them warmly.
"While waiting for the evening to come, I will practice cultivation with Wei Shun." Heng Guiying stood up and went closer to the two.

"I think that's a good idea." Yu Zeng agreed.

Wei Shun smiled widely. He went out to wash the dishes and came back to Yu Zeng's room.

When the three of them went out of the room, they passed by a wide garden full of different kinds of plants, and at the center, was a vertical rod that cast a shadow upon a circular plane with markings that indicate the time by the position of the shadow, it was bolted on a stone pedestal which created an ambiance of peaceful elegance. Some disciples were practicing cultivation, others were tending the plants in the garden.

Yu Zeng moved closer towards the stone pedestal followed by Heng Guiying and Wei Shun.

So this is a sundial. Interesting. Yu Zeng thought.

"Good! We still have a lot of time left before going to town." Heng Guiying said happily and looked at Yu Zeng.

They decided to go to the shore which would take about 15 minutes on foot from the sect.

Heng Guiying helped Wei Shun practice his cultivation while Yu Zeng sat on a lotus position on the sand and started meditating.

Time quickly passed and the three of them prepared themselves and headed to town.

Yu Zeng walked excitedly, looking at the display in each stall with an amazed expression written all over his face.

Who cares about staying in character? This is my life now. I should enjoy every moment while it lasts. Yu Zeng thought and looked at Heng Guiying who was standing behind him with Wei Shun.

"Guiying! Wei Shun! Hurry! Let's check out all the displays!" Yu Zeng pulled Guiying's arm.

Just what happened to my ever-cold friend? Guiying followed his friend with a smile.

There were many people in town, Yu Zeng accidentally got separated from Heng Guiying and Wei Shun. He tried to look for his companions but the crowd of people prevented him from finding them.

Yu Zeng felt exhausted and a little hungry so he decided to go towards a small stall with assorted candies made with various fruits.

What caught his attention was a stick of strawberry glazed in crispy brown sugar. He tried picking it but was surprised when another hand was also holding the stick. He didn't let go of the stick, as well as the other person. He lifted his head and he saw a tall man wearing a mask covering the lower half of his face, only his eyebrows and golden eyes could be seen.

Mask? Long hair? Golden Eyes? The villain? The villain? Seriously?

Yu Zeng unconsciously gripped the stick harder causing the other person to let it go. When he realized what happened, it was already too late as the villain fiercely looked at him with his golden eyes.

"Um... You like this candy, right? It's yours." Yu Zeng tried to smile and handed the stick to the villain but the villain didn't accept it.

"I like your guts!" The villain looked at him coldly.

"..." I still want to live ah. Yu Zeng tried to look around but he couldn't find the protagonist.

"Who are you looking for? Your girlfriend?" The villain asked.

"My friend. Don't you want this candy? Then is it okay for me to have it?" Yu Zeng paid for the candy and was about to walk away but was stopped when the villain grabbed his arm.

Now what? Yu Zeng turned around.

"Let's share that candy." The villain said.

Is he joking? What happened to the almighty villain?

(...to be continued.)

---***---

...reviews are welcome! :)

Author's Notes:

"While waiting for the evening to come, I will practice cultivation with Wei Shun." Heng Guiying stood up and went closer to the two.

"I think that's a good idea." Yu Zeng agreed.

Wei Shun smiled widely. He went out to wash the dishes.

Yu Zeng went to the bookshelf to get a book to read. Heng Guiying. sat on the chair across from Yu Zeng.

Yu Zeng: "..." I will pretend to read this book until Wei Shun returns.

Heng Guiying: "..." He seemed talkative a while ago, I want to talk with him more but it's rude when he is seriously reading a book.

Thank you for supporting this story and adding it to your library. 💕 I appreciate all your votes and comments. 🥰

Spoiler for the next chapter:

Yu Zeng stood stupefied while holding the stick.

This villain! What is he thinking ah?

"It's sweeter that way, isn't it?"

"What's sweeter?" A cold voice with no hint of friendliness asked.

Yu Zeng almost dropped the stick he was holding.

The protagonist?