28. Pandora's Box

---***---

When Yu Zeng, Heng Guiying, and Wei Shun left Dong Fang, a figure suddenly entered the room, walked towards the bed, and looked at the unconscious Dong Fang lying on the bed. Her emerald eyes looked at him worriedly.

I'm glad that they already left Dong Fang. Now we can finally spend our time alone together.

She sat on the chair near Dong Fang's bed and held Dong Fang's cold hand. She looked at his face and gently touched it.

Why don't you look at me? We are from the same sect! Tears fell from her eyes.
.
.
.
.
.
Yu Zeng glanced at the protagonist who seemed to hear what the other disciples were talking about. Yu Zeng looked around and saw the heroine talking to some disciples. When the heroine saw him and Heng Guiying. She smiled and walked towards them.

Yu Zeng looked at the protagonist. Aren't you popular, my friend?

Ai Jin was just a step away from them when she accidentally tripped and was about to fall. Fortunately, Yu Zeng was able to catch her.

Yu Zeng whose face was just a few inches away from Ai Jin looked up and saw the frowning face of the protagonist.

"She's the winner but she is very clumsy." Heng Guiying whispered to himself making sure that neither Yu Zeng nor Ai Jin heard him.

"What did you say?" Ai Jin who followed Yu Zeng's sight wasn't able to hear what Heng Guiying said. Yu Zeng helped her to stand up. She faced the protagonist and smiled.

"Nothing. I said, are you okay?" Heng Guiying smiled and grabbed Ai Jin's hand which Yu Zeng was holding.

"Yes, thank you." Ai Jin couldn't help but slightly blush by Heng Guiying's action. You don't have to be jealous of Yu Zeng.

"That's good." The protagonist was about to let go of Ai Jin's hand when Ai Jin held his hand.

Oh my! My eyes! Yu Zeng tried to divert his attention elsewhere when he heard Ai Jin's question.

"By the way, how's Dong Fang?" Ai Jin asked while still holding Heng Guiying's hand.

"He is still unconscious." Yu Zeng answered. Heng Guiying just looked at her expressionlessly.

Ai Jin bit her lower lip and looked at Yu Zeng with tears threatening to fall from her eyes. "I hope he gets well soon."

This heroine is really caring. Yu Zeng looked at Ai Jin.

"I want to see Dong Fang." Ai Jin said.

Yu Zeng looked at Heng Guiying anxiously. You already have the protagonist ah.

"I guess, we still have time." Ai Jin held Yu Zeng's hand with her other hand and dragged him and Heng Guiying to where Dong Fang was. Wei Shun was about to follow them when he noticed a figure standing behind a tree far from the tournament grounds.

Is that the grandmaster? Why is the grandmaster just standing there? Wei Shun wanted to tell his big brother Yu Zeng but by the time he looked again at the tree, the figure disappeared.
.
.
.
.
.
The grandmaster was standing in the darkness far from the tournament grounds to contemplate the sudden appearance of the elemental fruit. He saw how Ai Jin accidentally tripped and remembered something from his past.

It was the time when he was still a new disciple in the main sect. The flowers were blooming beautifully in the garden near the hot spring. He was practicing his element and successfully floated in midair. When his feet touched the ground, he didn't notice a pebble and lost balance. Just then, another disciple saw it and immediately ran to his side and caught him before he hit the ground. Zhou Zhihao felt something soft against his lips when he opened his eyes he saw a pair of golden eyes staring shocked at him. Zhou Zhihao's eyes widened and immediately stand up. He accidentally pushed the other person and the other person lost balance and landed on the ground. Zhou Zhihao helped him stand up and looked at him apologetically.

"I'm sorry for what happened and thank you for catching me." Zhou Zhihao waited for the other person's response but the other person just looked at him with a tint of redness in his ears.

Probably, he doesn't know me and is not comfortable with strangers. I should introduce myself. What just happened was purely an accident. "I'm Zhou Zhihao." He said.

"I know." You are quite popular after all. The man said and was about to walk away when Zhou Zhihao flew in front of him and smiled.

"You haven't introduced yourself."

The man sighed and said, "I'm He Shui."

"I know." Zhou Zhihao nodded his head and tried to act indifferent, but his eyes showed a hint of happiness. He just discovered that He Shui was not really an indifferent person unlike what other people thought of him.

He Shui felt something stir in his heart upon seeing the smile on Zhou Zhihao's face. It was not like everyone would freely smile in front of him especially for a gifted person like Zhou Zhihao, other disciples would even avoid him.

From that moment on, He Shui and Zhou Zhihao would practice together almost every day in the garden near the hot spring and slowly built their friendship but He Shui felt something for Zhou Zhihao.

After many years, He Shui decided to confess his feelings to Zhou Zhihao which to his surprise the other person accepted. However, there was a huge difference between their levels and He Shui felt inferior to Zhou Zhihao. Although his element was fire, he was still at the intermediate level while Zhou Zhihao was already at the advanced level.

One day, he heard about a fruit that could make someone invincible, and just by eating it, that person would be able to acquire the four elements. Unfortunately, he didn't know its other effect.
.
.
.
.
.
Ai Jin, Yu Zeng, and Heng Guiying saw Mei Shu sitting on the chair near Dong Fang's bed when they arrived.

They look good together. Yu Zeng sadly thought. Why am I sad? I should be happy if they end up together but...

Suddenly Dong Fang coughed, Mei Shu was happy because she thought that Dong Fang was already awake. She didn't expect to see blood. Dong Fang was coughing blood.

(... to be continued)

---***---

... reviews are welcome! ^^

Author's notes.

Thank you for supporting this story and for following me. 💕

---***---

Feel free to check my other stories. 💕

Spoiler for the next chapter:

"His body is getting weaker. If he won't fight harder. This may lead to his death." The grandmaster solemnly said.