7. Two Nights before the Gathering

---***---

They enjoyed hopping from one stall to another, buying some things that might be of good use to them and trying different kinds of dishes, they decided to go home but Heng Guiying noticed a familiar figure walking towards their direction, a tall man with a white mask covering the lower part of his face.

"I heard of a very good place. Let's go there." Without waiting for a reply, Heng Guiying grabbed Yu Zeng's hand and ran in the opposite direction followed by Wei Shun and Ai Jin.

Why are you holding his hand Guiying? You should be holding mine. Ai Jin glared at them.

They stopped in front of a house, the walls were made out of wood with a thatched roof. There were a few people around and it was located in the deeper part of the town surrounded by trees. There were two pieces of white cloth hanging near the front door, the gentle breeze of the wind made them looked like ghosts swaying in midair. The two windows were full of cobwebs and silhouettes of unknown creatures could be seen moving inside.

A haunted house? Yu Zeng took a deep breath.

"I already bought four passes, we can now go inside." Heng Guiying happily said and checked the surroundings. Good, we lost him.

"I'm scared." Ai Jin nervously said and held Heng Guiying's hand when they entered the place.

"Don't be scared Wei Shun, big brother is here." Yu Zeng held Wei Shun's hand tightly.

"..." Why is big brother's hand so cold?

Heng Guiying and Ai Jin were walking in front of Yu Zeng and Wei Shun when a piece of white cloth suddenly appeared in front of Ai Jin.

This is not scary at all. "Guiying! This is so scary." Ai Jin hugged Heng Guiying and tears escaped from her eyes.

"Just hold my hand, okay?" Heng Guiying said. No hugging, please. He turned around to looked at Yu Zeng who stopped to touch the white cloth on the wall.

Wow! How did it fly from here? Yu Zeng touched the piece of white cloth but a pair of bright red eyes from the hole in the wall suddenly looked at him. He took a step back and lost consciousness.

This feels so soft. Yu Zeng smiled and slowly opened his eyes. He saw a pair of ocean blue eyes looking down at him. He immediately stood up. He saw Heng Guiying looking at him with an angry expression on his face. They were outside of the haunted house and Ai Jin was sitting on a long bench.

Heroine, you shouldn't let my head lay on your lap. Look at the protagonist! He is glaring at me!!!

"I'm sorry for losing consciousness." Yu Zeng smiled nervously. But who carried me?

"I was really worried." Ai Jin held his hand, bit the bottom of her lips, and looked into his eyes.

Yu Zeng worriedly looked at Heng Guiying who was standing quietly next to Wei Shun.

"Thank you. I guess it's already late. We should be heading home now." Yu Zeng said.

Ai Jin let go of his hand and nodded.