31. Warning SPG!!!

---***---

"G-go away!" Ai Jin tried to stand strong. Don't ruin everything I worked hard for and exposed my secret.

He Shui sharply looked at Ai Jin and slightly smiled. "How's the elemental fruit I gave you?" He asked loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Wh-what are you talking about?" Ai Jin tightened her hold of the basket.

Yu Zeng couldn't believe what he heard. Why did Ai Jin give Dong Fang the fruit? Or did she really do that? Why would she harm Dong Fang? What's the connection between Ai Jin and the man in the mask? Yu Zeng looked around and saw that everyone's attention was focused on both Ai Jin and the man.

Yu Zeng thought of Dong Fang who was still unconscious and alone in their room. So, he slowly walked away from the place followed by Wei Shun.

Heng Guiying noticed Yu Zeng and Wei Shun's actions and let them be. He thought that they were safer if they were away from the tournament grounds.

"Don't act innocent." He Shui smirked at Ai Jin. Your birth gave your mother a strong reason for not letting me go. As a result, I was not able to approach the most important person in my life.

"I-I..." Ai Jin tried hard to defend herself and looked for words to say. She looked at the grandmaster in front of her who was still facing the other man and she couldn't see his expression.

"The forest is burning!" A disciple suddenly shouted interrupting the scene. Everyone could see a large smoke coming from the forest and a large creature flying in the sky and blowing fire to the trees. The fire was spreading faster, threatening to reach the main sect building.

"Stop that creature. I will take care of this man." The grandmaster said coldly and glanced at Ai Jin.

Ai Jin bit her lower lip. She guiltily nodded and headed towards the large creature in the forest along with the protagonist and the other disciples.

"Hmph! You think you can defeat me alone?" He Shui summoned his fire dragon and rode it; he headed towards the direction near Yu Zeng's room.

Zhou Zhihao immediately sensed what He Shui wanted to do and followed him. He remembered what He Shui said before.

The protagonist who was heading towards the forest caught sight of the man heading towards the direction of Yu Zeng's room and alarm filled his heart. Although he saw the grandmaster going after the man, his heart was still unsettled.

The grandmaster flew really fast and just a few steps away from where He Shui was heading, he managed to fly past the other man and blocked his path. Zhou Zhihao created a thick wind barrier in front of him to prevent He Shui from walking forward but He Shui raised his fist covered with flame and punched the center of the shield absorbing the wind making his fire grew bigger. His fist went through the wind barrier piercing towards the grandmaster's chest.

"Do you still remember what I told you the day after I woke up...after eating the elemental fruit?" He Shui solemnly asked.

I will always remember what you said. Zhou Zhihao shook his head and acted as if He Shui's action caused no pain to him. "How could I remember such a trivial matter?" He answered with blood slowly flowing out from his mouth.

He Shui bitterly smiled and let his fist passed through the grandmaster's back taking away his heart. Is this all you got?

He Shui looked at the body of Zhou Zhihao lying on the ground one last time before walking towards the trees across Yu Zeng's room. He moved the group of vines hanging from the trees and saw a metal wall with a heart-shaped carving on it. He carefully held the grandmaster's heart in his hand and placed it into the wall carving. A bright light shone before the ground shook heavily.

Yu Zeng who was inside the room felt the ground shook and thought that it was an earthquake, he hurriedly made the villain sit on the bed and put his arm over his shoulder. With the help of Wei Shun, they were able to drag Dong Fang out of the room. When they were a few steps away from the room, they saw a blinding light coming across them and the body of the grandmaster lying in his own blood just a few steps away from them.

"Please look after him." Yu Zeng carefully laid Dong Fang's body against a tree and looked at Wei Shun.

Yu Zeng squinted his eyes trying to see what was the cause of the light. He saw the same man who was previously wearing a mask and intruded the awarding ceremony with his hand still holding something against the wall. He tried to find out what was the other man holding but he couldn't see it. Then, a realization hit him when his gaze fell into the grandmaster's chest. Don't tell me...

Yu Zeng stood frozen and took a deep breath before preparing himself to summon his element. He saw the man removing his hand from the wall and faced his direction. He also saw the protagonist a few steps away from the grandmaster's body.

The protagonist's eyes widened in horror as he saw the grandmaster lying on the ground and no longer breathing. Heng Guiying looked around and saw the man who was standing near the wall looking towards the direction of Yu Zeng with a blue large flame covering his hand as if trying to attack them. He immediately summoned his element and created a rock shield in front of Yu Zeng but he didn't expect that the man didn't attack Yu Zeng but fired a large dragon towards him which engulfed his body with flame.

Yu Zeng saw what happened and ran towards the protagonist trying to put off the fire surrounding the protagonist's body but it was too late. Yu Zeng could see the painful expression on Heng Guiying's face and his soft skin which was burnt with the fire. He could also see the pain in Heng Guiying's eyes before closing them forever.

The protagonist is... already dead? ...but the protagonist' halo... Yu Zeng was so shocked and frightened.

He Shui was about to attack Yu Zeng when the ground shook again. He saw the wall slowly opening revealing a small shrub with a star-shaped fruit at its center.

"The golden fruit."

Yu Zeng heard the man said before walking towards the shrub. The man removed the fruit and the shrub instantly lost its life, slowly becoming dust that was carried away by the wind.

He Shui stared at the fruit in his hand and at the body of the grandmaster lying on the cold ground before eating it. He felt something changing in his body. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes.

When He Shui opened them, there was an indiscernible smile on his face. Then, he looked towards the direction of Yu Zeng, Wei Shun, and the still unconscious Dong Fang.

(... to be continued.)

---***---

...reviews are welcome! ^^

Author's Notes:

Warning SPG!!! (*Sad and *Painful *Goodbyes)

***please don't spoil the meaning of the title of this chapter, let others discover it.***

---***---

Thank you so much for adding this story to your library and for following me. 💕