27. Infinity Flame

---***---

"Why are you giving this to me?" Yu Zeng traced the edge of the infinity flame necklace with his thumb like he was familiarizing its appearance. He could see that there was supposedly a stone at the center but it was difficult to guess the shape. He wanted to hold the necklace with both hands but he was still holding the circular bamboo container in his other hand.

"This is the only treasure I can give you, big brother."

"..." Big brother? I wonder if you can still call me like that when you grow up.

The villain shyly looked at Yu Zeng.

"Thank you." Yu Zeng wanted to return the necklace to the villain because he could feel that the necklace was really important to him but if he return it, the villain might think that he didn't like his gift and get sad. He didn't want to see a sad expression on the villain's face. He also wanted to have a thing that could remind him of the real world.

Although this necklace can't really replace the necklace that my family owned, I'm still grateful to receive this. Yu Zeng looked at the sky and saw that dark clouds were slowly forming, gradually spreading in the sky and hiding the light coming from the sun. The wind was starting to blow harder and the grasses were swaying and dancing in the music they only know.

I wonder what happened to my body in the real world. I don't have many friends there... I spent most of my time alone. Yu Zeng just realized how lonely his life was before transmigrating. I wonder what happened to the room I was staying in and the things I bought. I really worked hard in buying those things... because of that accident, I lost everything including my life. Yu Zeng sadly thought. However, if I didn't transmigrate, I would not be able to know these wonderful people around me that I treat as my family and see the wonderful places in my favorite novel but if all of these things are just a dream. Should I be happy or sad?

"Is something wrong?" The villain slightly looked up to Yu Zeng, he tilted his head and wondered why this big brother became gloomy.

"Nothing." Yu Zeng tried to smile at the villain. He ruffled the villain's hair. I'm taller than the villain. I really look like a big brother. He proudly thought.

"You know big brother, my father's element is fire but I haven't seen him summon his element." The child innocently said to Yu Zeng while looking at the infinity flame necklace he gave.

"Why is that?" Yu Zeng was puzzled about the villain's train of thought.

"I also don't know. Big brother, what's your element? Ah, but before that, I should introduce myself first. My name is Dong Fang." The villain smiled brightly at him.

"I'm Yu Zeng. I still don't know my element..." I really don't know if this is the same world as the book. "How about you, what's your element?"

"I'm a fire wielder like my father." Dong Fang proudly said like there were stars in his eyes.

"Wow! Your father probably trains you a lot." Yu Zeng felt a bit envious at the same time happy for the villain.

Yu Zeng saw a sudden change in Dong Fang's expression. He tried to give the last remaining dumpling to the villain to cheer him up and was about to ask Dong Fang if is there something wrong when they heard someone's voice.

"There you are! An angry voice sounded from afar." The man was wearing a mask, his golden eyes looked fiercely at the two children especially at Dong Fang. The villain hid behind Yu Zeng and trembled.

Yu Zeng was so scared. I didn't do anything wrong ah. He could almost hear his own heartbeat. Who is that man?

The man was holding a thin bamboo stick and walked towards the two children.

Yu Zeng held the small child's hand, he could feel how cold it was like he was holding a block of ice.

He then heard someone calling his name. Yu Zeng looked around and saw no one aside from the villain and the scary-looking man who was walking towards them. The villain who was trembling and was hiding behind his back accidentally tripped and accidentally pushed Yu Zeng. Yu Zeng lost his balance and was expecting to hit the hard cold ground, he closed his eyes tightly and when he opened his eyes, he saw darkness around him. He heard a voice again, calling his name and a light shook in his shoulders.

"Yu Zeng, Yu Zeng." He was awoken by the protagonist. He looked around and saw Heng Guiying standing beside him and Wei Shun who was sitting next to him. He felt his hand holding something soft and cold. He looked around and saw that he was still holding the villain's hand. His other hand was clutching something hard. His eyes widened when he saw the thing he was holding. The necklace?

"Is something wrong? We should go to the gathering now." Heng Guiying saw the shocked expression on Yu Zeng's face. He saw that Yu Zeng was holding something. He wanted to take a look but Yu Zeng immediately closed his hand. Heng Guiying looked at the villain who was still unconscious on the bed.

"There's nothing wrong... but..."

"Remember the punishment for not attending the awarding ceremony?" Heng Guiying seriously said with a hint of anger in his voice.

Yu Zeng hesitated before standing and headed towards the door.

I will return. Get well soon, Dong Fang. He glanced at Dong Fang and remembered the necklace in his hand.

Did that really happen? Wasn't it all a dream?
.
.
.
.
.
When they arrived on the tournament grounds. There were only a few disciples who were talking about something.

"I heard that there was an attack in the town close to the South sect."

"Yes. The leaders of each sect would supposedly come here today but because of that. They weren't able to attend the ceremony."

Yu Zeng heard the conversation between the disciples. I really have a bad feeling about this. The plot is drifting too much from the original storyline.

(... to be continued.)

---***---

... reviews are welcome! :)

Author's notes:

The villain who was trembling and was hiding behind his back accidentally tripped and accidentally pushed Yu Zeng.

Stone, Rock, Pebble: We are innocent!

Yu Zeng: "..."

---***---

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Spoiler for the next chapter:

I'm glad that they already left, Dong Fang. Now we can finally spend our time alone together.

Feel free to check my other stories. 💕