9. I like you very much, Dong Fang.

---***---

A handsome-looking man stood in front of them, the grandmaster, Zhou Zhihao. He possessed a youthful appearance that hid his real age. He emitted a powerful aura that revealed his high cultivation level. All the disciples were already present except for one, one of the representatives of the South Sect.

Suddenly a man wearing a white mask walked in, dragging all the attention towards him. Both Heng Guiying and Yu Zeng glared at him while Ai Jin looked at him worriedly.

"I apologize for being late. I fell asleep." Dong Fang said nonchalantly.

The grandmaster as well as the other occupants in the hall fell silent and couldn't believe what Dong Fang was saying, his reaction was not sorry at all; even his golden eyes showed no sign of remorse.

"I accept your apology. However, you should also accept the punishment for your tardiness." Zhou Zhihao glared at Dong Fang.

"I accept whatever punishment you give to me." His golden eyes showed hostility.

"Very well. You will clean the entire main sect for a week." The other occupants in the hall were smugly smiling upon hearing the punishment.

Dong Fang smiled and thought, 'A piece of cake'

--- excerpt from the novel "Daybreak" ---

Yu Zeng was about to approach the sleeping villain when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He looked around and saw a serious-looking protagonist.

"Let him be."

How could I let him be? You know that there's a punishment for not being able to show on time. Yu Zeng thought sadly.

"Common! We will be late!" Ai Jin held Heng Guiying's arm and dragged him towards the entrance where a man was standing holding a piece of paper with names written on it. Some disciples had already lined up.

Just when Heng Guiying turned his back. Yu Zeng took one last glance at the sleeping villain on a large branch of a tree close to the gate.

Yu Zeng saw some water droplets on the leaves of the tree where the villain was sleeping since it rained early this morning. The water droplets were shimmering under the light of the sun. Though he was not yet used to his element, he decided to control the water droplets and planned to sprinkle some of this water to awaken the sleeping villain. He focused and didn't expect that all the water droplets on the leaves would gather above the villain and burst, making Dong Fang woke up instantly.

Wei Shun who saw what happened made his eyes widened in disbelief while the other disciples who were lining turned their heads when they heard a splash.

Yu Zeng hurriedly fell in line dragging a shocked Wei Shun behind him without waiting for the reaction of Dong Fang.

He wasn't able to see the mischievous smile on the villain's face while making the water on his face and clothes evaporate. He jumped off the tree as if nothing happened. He just ignored the strange gazes he received from the other disciples and proceeded to the gate.

Everyone was surprised upon seeing how large the main sect was. It looked like a castle with a tournament ground in front. There were also seats at the side for the spectators and the other competitors.

They were guided to the main hall where the grandmaster, Zhou Zhihao was waiting, wearing a long white robe. He raised his eyebrow when he saw Yu Zeng and Wei Shun's condition.