23. Unrequited Feelings

---***---

Did he just ignore me? Ai Jin was shocked by Dong Fang's actions. Then she felt someone putting something into her bowl. She saw Bo Chang putting some congee in it. Ai Jin just rolled her eyes and had no choice but to eat it.

This tastes quite good. It's not too salty, just right. I wonder who made this congee. Was it Yu Zeng? Ai Jin thought. The guys around me are not only handsome but skillful as well except for this Bo Chang.

"The leaders of every sect are currently dealing with bloodsucker insects that have been tormenting the northern town. If by tomorrow they successfully deal with it, then the leaders of every sect will be present during the final match." The grandmaster suddenly said.

Yu Zeng remembered in the original novel that the bloodsucker insects had been a great pain to the people living in a town close to the North sect but his memory regarding this part of the novel was too hazy. I wish I could have a copy of the book to refresh my memory because I just skimmed through this part.

After their lunch, Wei Shun went to the forest to practice cultivation. Yu Zeng decided to go straight to their room to meditate. I keep on bumping to the major characters in this story whenever I go outside. I might as well stay in this room to avoid them. This is a wise decision. Yu Zeng thought.

While sitting in a lotus position on his bed, he couldn't help but feel sad for neither he nor Wei Shun made it to the final stage of the competition. Those rare plants will surely speed up our cultivation level. My cultivation level right now is at the intermediate stage while Wei Shun is at the beginner's stage. He took a deep breath before closing his eyes.

He was awakened by a sudden noise. When he opened his eyes he saw the door opened. The villain? with the protagonist? Why are they here? Are they teaming against me? Did I offend them?

"I have been looking for you." Heng Guiying said and walked towards him with a serious expression on his face. He stood next to Yu Zeng's bed and smiled at him.

Yu Zeng just smiled awkwardly and felt sudden goosebumps. We're not playing hide and seek. You shouldn't look for me.

"Why are you looking for me?" Yu Zeng sat properly.

"Just want to talk to you." Heng Guiying sat next to him.

Dong Fang walked towards them and placed his hand on Yu Zeng's shoulder.

"Don't worry. I will win." Dong Fang looked at Yu Zeng in the eyes.

"..." It has nothing to do with me. I don't care if you win or if you win.

"I know that you are strong." Yu Zeng then stood.

"Are you going somewhere?" Dong Fang asked.

"I will go outside to find Wei Shun."

"I will go with you. Let's continue to talk somewhere." Heng Guiying hurriedly said.

Yu Zeng looked at him and was crying inside. Where did my peaceful oasis go?

Yu Zeng just nodded and went out.

Heng Guiying followed him but Dong Fang stared at their figures which were slowly walking away from the place. There were flames in his eyes and he tried his best not to burn the room.

I will seriously win the fight for you, Yu Zeng. Dong Fang went out of the room and unexpectedly met Ai Jin outside. She was holding a bowl of mixed sliced fruits.