22. Bittersweet Feeling

---***---

Ai Jin stood at the center of the stadium facing Dong Fang. Both Yu Zeng and Heng Guiying were worried about the match for Dong Fang might hurt their precious Ai Jin.

When they heard the gong, none of them moved. Both of them seemed like waiting for whoever would attack first.

Dong Fang suddenly sent a huge fire dragon towards Ai Jin. It was so large that it could cover the whole stadium but instead of hitting her. It just flew above her.

Everyone in the tournament ground was shocked.

As expected, you can't hurt me. She smiled inside but outside her ocean blue eyes showed fear. She summoned a huge fire phoenix and hit Dong Fang with it who easily went outside the ring.

"The winner for this competition is Ai Jin from South Sect." Zhou Zhihao loudly announced.

Mei Shu who saw the fight couldn't help but grit her teeth.

--- excerpt from the novel "Daybreak"---

Dong Fang looked at the figure in his arms with a subtle gentle expression on his face. He didn't mind the strange gazes by the other disciples.

"Dong Fang, is Yu Zeng alright?" Ai Jin came running towards him. I should get close to him, that blue flame I saw during his match is indeed magnificent. I should let him teach me that technique. Did he purposely learn that technique because it matches my eyes?

Dong Fang just nodded and walked past her. Wei Shun who was worried about his big brother followed Dong Fang.

Did he just ignore me? Ai Jin was confused. Then she felt a hand on her shoulder. She saw Mei Shu with an "I told you" look on her face.

Ai Jin just ignored her and continued looking at Dong Fang. She decided to go to Heng Guiying who remained sitting. She didn't notice his clenched fist.

"Heng Guiying, help me practice." Ai Jin said softly. Mei Shu rolled her eyes and walked away from the place.

Heng Guiying was suddenly awakened in his thoughts and smiled at Ai Jin.

"I would love to but I still have to prepare lunch. Would you like to help?"

Help? I don't know how to cook. Ai Jin felt conflicted for she didn't want to turn down Heng Guiying's offer but she didn't want to let him know that she couldn't cook either.

"As much as I would like to help you Guiying, I need to practice for my upcoming match with Dong Fang. I will go ahead." Ai Jin left him with great hesitation.

It's okay, I don't need your help and I don't want to practice with you. I only want to have Yu Zeng by my side. Heng Guiying decided to go to the kitchen.
.
.
.
.
.
Dong Fang laid Yu Zeng on his bed. Then, he looked at Wei Shun who was standing next to him.

"Can you get a glass of water for Yu Zeng?" He softly said to the child. "He may be thirsty when he wakes up."

The child nodded his head and went out.

Seeing that they were alone, Dong Fang gently caress the other's face and slowly move his face closer to Yu Zeng. He could smell the crisp and refreshing scent coming from the person who was lying on the bed.

I will win the match for you. His face was already an inch away from the other. But before he could move any closer, Yu Zeng's eyes slowly opened, and was extremely shocked to see how close the villain was to his face.