13. Caged Feelings

---***---

Dark clouds were slowly spreading in the sky. A beautiful lady with emerald eyes stood in front of a handsome man. She summoned her water magic and a spear-like thing made of ice appeared in her hands. She attacked him with it but the handsome man easily defended himself with the use of his large water dragon.

The lady lost her balance and lay on the stadium gasping heavily. She tried to stand but she couldn't.

"The winner for this match is Yu Zeng from East Sect." The grandmaster said loudly.

--- excerpt from the novel "Daybreak" ---

Yu Zeng who was staring at the ceiling of the room felt someone touching his hair. When he turned around, he saw Heng Guiying's face getting closer to his face.

"..." Protagonist are you counting my hair to fall asleep. Yu Zeng smiled awkwardly at Heng Guiying and tried to distance himself away from him but Heng Guiying kept on moving closer.

Yu Zeng who already reached the edge of the bed couldn't go any farther. He suddenly felt an arm wrapped around his waist.

"Let's sleep now. You still have a fight tomorrow. We shouldn't move too much and exhaust ourselves." Heng Guiying smiled at the frozen Yu Zeng.

Exhaust ourselves? What does that mean? How can I sleep with your hand wrapped around my waist ah. Yu Zeng closed his eyes but he couldn't fall asleep. After a while, he looked at the protagonist who appeared to be sleeping soundly. He tried to remove Heng Guiying's arm around his waist but he couldn't.

Is he really sleeping? Yu Zeng stared at Heng Guiying's face. He is really handsome ah. He stared for a long time and was surprised when the protagonist opened his eyes and smiled at him.

"Stop staring. Let's sleep now. This is the happiest day of my life." Heng Guiying said and closed his eyes.

Happiest day? Why? Yu Zeng decided to ignore what Heng Guiying said and slowly closed his eyes, entering the land of dreams.

How did I end up here? "Guiying, Wake up." Yu Zeng was shocked because of their position. He was lying on top of the protagonist.

Yu Zeng tried to stand but the protagonist who was hugging him just tightened his arm around his waist. He looked around the room and saw that the other two beds were empty.

Bo Chang and Fan Chun are probably out there training. Did they notice our position? So embarrassing ah.

"You are already awake!" Heng Guiying smiled at Yu Zeng.

"..." Yu Zeng smiled at him but he felt something in the lower part of Heng Guiying's body. He gently pushed Heng Guiying and stood up. What the ---

The door suddenly opened. "I see that you are awake now." Ai Jin smiled. "You were sleeping soundly. I hate to wake you up. You two are really close to each other... like brothers." She said.

"Yes!"Yu Zeng laughed lightly.

Heng Guiying's expression darkened while looking at Yu Zeng.

"Let's all go together to the dining room later." Ai Jin said.

"I'm sorry, I would like to go with you together but I still need to go back to my room. I need to go now. See you there." Yu Zeng walked towards the door and went out without waiting for their reply. I should leave opportunities for them to spend more time together.
.
.
.
.
.
It was still dark outside but he could already see some lights in the sky. He went to the next room and slowly opened its door.