Extra Chapter

---***---

The rain was starting to fall again. The sounds of rustling leaves could be heard outside.

Dong Fang was looking for a piece of cloth to wipe the dust in the house while Wei Shun was starting to sweep the floor with the broom he found. Dong Fang stopped what he was doing when he saw Yu Zeng losing his balance and immediately went to his side to catch him preventing him to hit the cold ground. Dong called Yu Zeng's name but no response came from the man; worry filled his heart. Then, he noticed a necklace on the ground. It was an infinity flame necklace its chain was like small leaves intertwined with one another and a blue teardrop stone at the center.

Dong Fang slowly picked it up with his other hand and held it. He stared at it and long-forgotten memories from his childhood suddenly emerged in his mind. He remembered his sad childhood, his father who kept beating him, and a boy who showed him kindness.

A young boy who gave him dumplings, named Yu Zeng.

It was you? Dong Fang looked at the man in his arms. He wanted to see him smile, he wanted to hear his voice calling his name again.

He tried to wake Yu Zeng up. Dong Fang's hoarse voice along with the thunder in the sky and the pitter-pattering rain on the roof were the only sounds that could be heard in the place. Wei Shun was silently standing near his big brothers trying to hold his emotions and preventing himself from crying.

He wanted to ask his big brother Dong Fang if his big brother Yu Zeng was alright but chose to be silent. Wei Shun was afraid to ask his big brother Dong Fang for he didn't want to hear an answer that would cause him extreme sadness.

Wei Shun could not see his big brother's chest moving. His big brother Yu Zeng was like a lifeless doll in Dong Fang's arms.

Wei Shun just stood next to his big brothers waiting for a response from either of them but a day had passed and his big brother Yu Zeng didn't show any signs of waking up.

On the second day, Dong Fang quietly stood up while still holding Yu Zeng, carrying him, and slowly walking out of the house. Wei Shun was about to follow him when Dong Fang turned around to look at him and said: "Live. Enjoy your life and don't follow us." Before vanishing in the darkness of the night.

Wei Shun bowed his head preventing the tears from falling from his eyes. He wanted to follow them but he knew that even if he followed them, he could no longer see the bright smile of his brother, Yu Zeng.

---The End---

Do you want to know where did Dong Fang go while carrying Yu Zeng?

---***---

Reviews are welcome! :)

Feel free to check my other stories. 💕