8. To the Gathering

---***---

Yu Zeng managed to hold Heng Guiying's shoulders to keep him from falling on the floor. The night sky was clear and the moon shone brightly. Only the chirping of the crickets and the sound of their breaths could be heard.

Yu Zeng's eyes widened, he could feel something warm touching his cheek. He felt the breath of Heng Guiying against his face. He stood frozen when he realized what it was. His breath became faster and he lost consciousness.

"Hey! Yu Zeng!" Heng Guiying lightly shook the shoulders of the other person in hopes of waking him up but the other person remained unconscious. He carried him in a princess carry style towards the bed.

Heng Guiying touched his hair gently, the pale glow of the moon shone its way through the uncurtained window. He began to stroke Yu Zeng's face marveling at the soft texture as he continued to study his features. You changed. Heng Guiying smiled, stood up, and left.
.
.
.
.
.
Yu Zeng was awakened by the sound of the birds singing.

Huh? Was it just a dream? It felt so real! I could feel the protagonist's warm breath against my cheek last night! Was it just my imagination?

He went out and was greeted with a cool breeze. The dark sky began to light up. He strolled along the shore, he could see the horizon where a ball of light was slowly making its way up, casting its golden rays in every direction. The sky turned brilliant shades of orange and red. He faced the vast sea in front of him and decided to practice cultivation. He tried to lift a handful of seawater in midair and formed it into a small water dragon. He managed to do it but after a few seconds, it burst.

"Big brother! Big brother! Master is here." Wei Shun came running in his direction.

Every year, after "The Festivities of the Four Elements", it had been a tradition in all four sects to send two representatives to the main sect which was located on top of the mountain. Each sect was to compete with one another. The chosen winner would be given 10 pieces of a rare plant that could only be found in Stark Valley. This precious plant was very valuable for it can cure any injury and can speed up cultivation.

The path to the Main Sect was not easy, it was steep, full of pointy rocks and wild plants with thorns. The weather in the mountain changes on its own. It might be sunny outside of the mountain but it could be windy, rainy, or even snowy inside.

Heng Guiying together with his partner departed early the next morning. He prepared all the things he might need and put them inside his interspatial ring.

It would normally take two days for them to reach the peak but since the earth was his element, it was easy for him to climb the mountain.

"You go ahead. Let's just meet at the main sect." Heng Guiying said.

"Okay." His partner said and as fast as the wind vanished in front of him.

Ai Jin who was still angry at his partner after creating a commotion in town decided to separate from him and embarked on her own.

Although she was a good fire user, she still had some difficulty climbing the mountain. It was a sunny day and the soil was dry, she was trying to cross a large boulder when she slipped, she shut her eyes tightly and didn't expect to land on a broad chest and strong arms wrapped around her.

"Are you alright?"

"Yes... Thank you." When she opened her ocean blue eyes, she didn't expect to see the handsome man she met in town.