10. "The Power of our---"

---***---

There was a rectangular rosewood table at the center of the large room with four chairs placed on both sides and one in the middle. A large bowl of fruit was at the center and there were already dishes like dumplings, garlic rice, and pickled vegetables on the table. Heng Guiying, Yu Zeng, and Wei Shun arrived in the dining room together.

"Guiying, I didn't see you a while ago. Where have you been?" Ai Jin brightened up when she saw Heng Guiying and Yu Zeng walking towards the table. She immediately stood up from where she was sitting and approached them.

"I was with Yu Zeng and Wei Shun in their room." Heng Guiying happily replied.

"You should have invited me." Ai Jin pouted and held Heng Guiying's arm. She also held Yu Zeng's arm.

Yu Zeng felt a pair of eyes looking at him somewhere but he brushed it off thinking it was just his imagination.

She guided them to where she was sitting a while ago. "Let's sit close to each other." Ai Jin looked at Yu Zeng who looked at Wei Shun. Heroine, where will Wei Shun sit ah. There were only three empty seats, the fourth one was already occupied by the other representative from the South sect, her emerald eyes looked at them coldly.

Yu Zeng was about to tell Ai Jin that he would sit at the other side of the table when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He looked around and saw the villain. His golden eyes looked at him like they could pierce through his soul.

"Let's sit over there." Dong Fang said pointing at the other side of the table.

Yu Zeng remembered what happened at the hot spring and wanted to decline but he thought of Wei Shun and immediately agreed.

Dong Fang guided them to the other side of the table where three empty seats were waiting for them. The fourth seat was occupied by a brawny man from the West sect, he looked at Dong Fang with Wei Shun and Yu Zeng behind him.

Heng Guiying glared at Dong Fang which surprised Ai Jin. Are they fighting on who wants to sit next to me?

Suddenly a guy with chestnut eyes entered the room and sat on the empty seat next to Ai Jin and winked at her. He smiled at Heng Guiying.

After a while, the grandmaster arrived and took a seat in the middle of the table.

"I formally welcome you all here in the Main Sect. After we eat, we will go to the tournament ground and discuss the rules of the match."
.
.
.
.
.
After they ate their lunch, they were led to the tournament ground outside. There was a concrete stadium at the center and at the side was a series of concrete chairs for spectators to sit on.

"Today, the pairings for the match will be decided. Prepare yourselves." Zhou Zhihao said with a nonchalant expression on his handsome face. A wooden box was floating in front of him.

"Before I draw your names. Let me tell you first the rules of the match. Anyone who comes into contact outside of the ring or gives up will lose automatically. If someone is knocked out and can't stand up at the count of five, he or she loses. Killing your opponent is extremely prohibited, doing so would lead not only to disqualification but also banishment to the Stark Valley for the rest of your lives."

After saying the rules, the grandmaster picked two chips of wood from the wooden box with names carved on them. There was a grave silence in the place, everyone was waiting for the grandmaster to read the names engraved on the chips of wood. The sun was slowly hiding behind the clouds and rain was threatening to fall.

"The first to compete is Heng Guiying from North Sect against Dong Fang from South Sect." Both Dong Fang and Heng Guiying stepped forward. Yu Zeng was nervous for both of them. He already knew the result of their match based on what he read from the novel but he was hoping it won't be fatal.