Chapter 4

Monday was always a stressful day for Liz, because she had the most trying classes; World history, Literature and Geography. She just found those classes boring, but she always passed them with flying colors because she was smart enough to know that failing a class could ruin her chances of admission at MIT.

She first came across him on her way to literature class. She had met him on Friday, but it had been at night, in a party, she hadn't really taken her time to appreciate the work of art that he was. She swallowed involuntarily as she took in his tall frame, his chiselled face that seemed to be curved from stone, and the eyes that were the deepest of blues. His raven black hair was combed back and smooth, and it fell just a little past his shoulders, which was way too long for the school's approved standards. Through the red shirt, Elizabeth could pick the hint of a tattoos, that either started or ended somewhere on his forearms. He stood at the door of the classroom, looking like a god, immobile, but with lots of life.

Immediately, Liz felt anger hit her in strong waves as she remembered his words on Friday night to Carol Bingley, she gave him her best glare, "May I pass please?" She asked him doing nothing to hide her anger.

"You may," he said, his lips tilting up in a half smile, half smirk, but he did not move to allow her passage.

Elizabeth pushed her way forcefully past him, making sure to step on his foot as she went. She sat herself at her usual desk at the back of the class with her face clearly radiating annoyance; she had felt him checking her out as she went.

"You know, if you wanted to touch me so badly, you could just have said so," he told her softly as he slid in the seat next to hers.

"If your ears weren't too big, I would have said it, but I am afraid they would transmit the message incorrectly," Liz replied.

"And here I thought you nice."

"I am afraid I have very little in common with my ass."

He laughed, a soft tinkling sound and whispered to her, just as the teacher entered the class, "That is true."

"Good morning everyone, as you might have noticed, we have a new student today, Mr Darcy is hopefully going to be with us for the rest of the year, kindly endeavour..."

No one was listening to the teacher, everyone had turned around to stare at the new at student, everyone including Liz herself. Liz couldn't believe her ears. It had not occured to her on Friday that Anne Darcy's son and Charlie's friend could be the same person. She should have been able to tell by the arrogance. Jane had promised to introduce her today, she had been looking forward to it too, but now, not anymore.

Liz couldn't help but look at him and wonder how he managed to keep his late parents' empire running and still be able to find time to go to school leave alone look at her ass and even talk about it.

When the class ended, Liz was surprised when he fell into step besides her despite the fact that a few other more popular and prettier girls had tried to catch his attention. Liz walked on silently and he did the same, seemingly following her, Liz thought it quite rude.

"Why are you following me?"

"I am not following you, I am walking beside you."

"Why?"

"Because I am new and you are the only person I know?" He replied in a 'duh' tone.

"I thought you will be in senior year with your friend."

"I am. You are the one in the advanced class."

"Oh."

They walked in silence towards the lockers. He stood and waited as she opened her locker and took out some books.

"Don't you have another class to get to?" Liz asked, clearly annoyed. She had a free period and was planning to spend it in the library finishing up the history homework she had failed to do over the weekend.

"No. I actually completed my high school studies online a year ago. I am now in college."

Liz gave him an annoyed glance, "Then why did they let you in?"

He shrugged, "I am a sort of 'honor student' I get to choose which classes I go to whenever I want."

"In short, you are rich enough to get yourself anywhere, must be nice. Now if you will excuse me, the rest of us working class peasants actually have to attend classes and study."

Liz didn't look up to see his reaction, she pushed past him and made it very clear she didn't want him to follow. Rich or not, nothing could excuse what he said about Jane on Friday.