Chapter 13 - The surname

Elise's POV

Then Claire gave him a sympathetic look and hugged him. He hugged her back. I was really getting curious about Chad's bond to this family. I shook my head, pursing my lips together. He had already gotten into the family, but he was still pretending that there was nothing between Alissa and him.

What a fool I am!

I started to believe that there was nothing between them. I shook my head in disappointment and went downstairs.

I was talking to Alissa. I needed to clear my mind.

"Umm....Chad..." I mumbled. She looked at me, confused and slightly uncomfortable. "Your brother." I added as I noticed something different in her eyes like I caught her off guard.

"Oh, Chad." She smiled at me, relieved.

I didn't understand what was going on. Maybe, they were keeping their relationship in secret. Because of that, she looked uncomfortable. I was dying to ask her about the relationship between them, but I couldn't dare to ask. Maybe, I was afraid of an answer.

"Hey, Elise. You lost in your thoughts." Alissa waved her hand in front of my face as she gave me a bright smile.

"....Umm....sorry. When will he come back? I heard a lot of things about him. I look forward to meeting him." I admitted.

She smiled at me as she replied. "I don't know. He is unpredictable." She smiled as she shook her head.

"I never see him nor my friends see him, but I hear about him almost every day. He is really popular." I confirmed.

"I can guess what kind of things you heard about him." She chuckled.

I gave her a bright smile. "Yes, about his night life too." I admitted." But I never see any of his photos on the Internet."

"Yes, our father doesn't let our photos get into the media. It is easy with me, but with Chad..." She shook her head, grinning. "He is a real troublemaker." She chuckled. "And our social media accounts are private. Just our close friends and relatives know about our accounts." She informed.

I was getting curious about Chad more and more. I wanted to meet him.

But why is he keeping himself away from everyone like he is a secret agent?

Maybe, he is too arrogant; because of that, he didn't want to be around so much.

Chad's POV

I was in my room, leaning against the headboard while listening to music, my eyes closed.

Suddenly, someone pulled my headphones away. When I opened my eyes, I saw Alissa smirking at me.

"Hey." She greeted me with a wide smile. "I have news for you." She winked at me.

I looked at her with questioning eyes. "What news?"

"She asked me about you." She said, giving me a mischievous smirk. I looked at her, puzzled. "Elise." She added.

"Me?" I asked curiously as I sat up on the bed.

Some hope appeared in my heart. A silly smile plastered on my face.

"Yes, but not Chad that she knows." I looked at her with questioning eyes. "She asked about my brother, Chad." She added.

"Hmm." I frowned and leaned back against the headboard again.

" I frowned and leaned back against the headboard again

"She likes you. I felt it." She said, smiling at me widely.

"No, she doesn't like me. She likes Chad Carter, the heir of the Carter Enterprises Holdings Inc. like other girls." I muttered.

"Are you dumb? You are Chad Carter. You take this game too seriously." She said, placing her hands on her hips.

"No, she likes my surname, not Chad, but Chad Carter." I said, sadness in my voice.

She sat down beside me as she gave me a sympathetic look. "You are wrong. Not everyone gets close to you for your surname. You are so handsome. All my friends talk about you. From your eyes to your abs and so on. Believe me, you should hear their fantasies about you." She winked at me. "Despite the fact that hearing their dirty fantasies about my brother make me almost vomit." She rolled her eyes.

I chuckled at her expression. I could guess what kind of fantasies those were from her expression.

"And you are an amazing person. You are funny, kind, caring and thoughtful. But arrogant too." She chuckled. "For that, girls are around you like bees around a honeypot." I gave her a slight smile and wrapped my arm around her shoulder, hugging her.

She pulled back as her phone rang.

"It is Mom." She informed me as she picked up her phone. "...Ok."

After she had hung up her phone, she turned towards me. "They are waiting for me. We are leaving."

I nodded as I got up. She pulled something out of her pocket and extended to me.

"I think you need some sponsors." She grinned as she handed me some money. "Don't worry, Dad doesn't know about it."

"I am absolutely sure." I chuckled as I took the money. "Thank you, angel." I smiled at her and hugged her.

"I am lucky to have you in my life. You are the best brother in the world. I know I can trust you in everything. And you can trust me too. I love you." She said as she hugged me.

"I love you too, angel." I confirmed as I hugged her back tightly, feeling happy by her words.

My little sis.

Elise's POV

I leaned back against the wall, stunned. I love you too, angel. This sentence repeated in my mind. My heart sank.

He loves her. He damn loves her.

It wasn't surprising for me that there was something between them, but love... I thought he had just slept with her, nothing more.

But why? Why did he kiss me? Why is he keeping playing with my feelings?

Tears dropped down my cheeks. My heart was arching. I wiped my tears off my cheeks with the back of my hand and ran towards the mansion.

As soon as I walked into my room, I closed the door behind me and leaned against the door. Tears were dropping down my cheeks. I could not stop myself from crying.

Why am I crying? He is nothing to me. I don't love him, even though I don't like him. He is an arrogant bastard. A freaking playboy. But why? Why do I feel sad? I should not care about him. It's not my problem whether he loves her or not. Yeah, stop crying, Elise!

My phone buzzed, interrupting my thoughts. I wiped my tears off my cheeks with the back of my hand and grabbed my phone. It was Chris.

'Tonight there will be a race. It will be cool. Do you want to join me? I know you don't like it, but please come. I want you beside me. Love you.'

I never went to the race with him before. He always invited me, but I didn't accept. I didn't like it; it was so dangerous. And I knew if my father found out that I went to the race or even he invited me to the race, he would freak out. But now, I needed to let my hair down.

'Ok. I am coming. Call me when you arrive. But don't park in front of the mansion.'