Chapter 64 - Raking up the past

Elise's POV

I stretched out and opened my eyes. Today was our wedding day. I was so nervous, excited and happy.

I got up and went to the bathroom. After taking a shower, I wrapped a towel around my body as I walked out of the shower.

After drying myself, I put a khaki crop top and black shorts.

As I wanted to go downstairs to have breakfast, my phone rang. I grabbed my phone; it was Katy. I smiled as I picked up the phone.

"Are you okay, dear?" She asked as soon as I picked up the phone; her voice was worried.

"Yeah." I replied as I raised my eyebrow questioningly. "What happened?" I asked, intrigued.

"Ohh...Umm....Nothing, dear." She mumbled. But I knew her very well, there was something.

"Katy, tell me. I know you very well; you hide something from me." I said firmly.

She breathed deeply. "Umm...Chad...is in magazines." She mumbled.

"I will call you later." I said and hung up instantly.

Considering Katy's attitude, I was sure there was something I would not like. My heartbeats increased while I was tapping his name on my phone searching for the news.

My eyes widened in shock as I saw the news that Katy had mentioned. My legs turned to jello.I placed my hand on the bed for support as I sat down on the bed. I pursed my lips together as my eyes welled up.

There were Chad's photos with different women in the magazines; burying his face between some woman's breasts while she was standing between his legs in her bikini, drinking whiskey while a woman was sitting on his lap astride, pressing himself into a woman's back while kissing her neck and so on.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. The door opened and my mother walked in.

"Oh...You have already seen them." My mother said, looking at me, concerned. I nodded and burst out crying as I threw my phone onto the bed. "Oh...Elise." My mother gave me a compassionate look and sat down beside me on the bed.

"Mom..." I hugged her, crying.

"Calm down, Elise. Let's listen to Chad. Maybe he has some explanation." She said.

I pulled back as I snapped. "What explanations, Mom?! Everything is obvious; he is a freaking bastard, cheater. I hate him."

Suddenly, my phone rang. I frowned and grabbed it. I gritted my teeth as I saw who was calling.

Bastard!

I declined the call and threw my phone onto the bed.

"Chad?" My mother asked, pointing to the phone.

"Yes." I nodded, trying to calm down. My hands were trembling with anger. "What a brazen bastard!" I exclaimed, ruffling my hair.

"Elise, calm down. You are pregnant. It is not good for a baby." My mother warned me.

I nodded as I placed my hand on my stomach and rubbed it, trying to calm down. I had to think about my baby. Nothing was more important than my baby, especially his cheater father.

Chad's POV

I was in the study room with my father. I was looking at the damned magazine in front of me, my fist clenched. There were my photos with different women from my Harvard parties in the magazines; I didn't properly remember all of their names. As if that wasn't enough, they claimed that one of these photos was taken at my bachelor party.