Chapter 57 - Promise

Elise's POV

I was surprised by her words. Actually, I could never imagine that she would tell me these words.

She bit her lower lip as she said. "I wish you happiness. For myself, I wish I can find someone who will love me like Chad loves you." I looked at her speechless. "Give him a chance." She paused as she sighed. "Think about it." She gave me a slight smile. I nodded, blushing.

I was staring through the window in the car while thinking about Chad and what Daniella had said.

"Where are we going?" I asked with inquiring eyes as I noticed Mark wasn't driving to my house.

"Mr. Carter wants to talk to you." He replied.

I frowned and leaned back against the back of the seat, shaking my head. Mr. Control freak is on a mission.

I saw Chad in front of his penthouse building. He looked so handsome in his blue suit and black sunglasses.

As Mark parked the car in front of the building, Chad approached the car and opened the door for me

As Mark parked the car in front of the building, Chad approached the car and opened the door for me. I smiled at him slightly as I got out of the car.

He took off his black sunglasses, letting our eyes meet as he snapped. "Didn't I tell you not to go to talk to her?"

I sighed, annoyed, looking at the people beside us.

"You should just take care of yourself and our baby

"You should just take care of yourself and our baby.Nothing more." He added firmly.

"I just wanted to help you." I gave him a sincere look. "I felt guilty for it." I admitted.

I don't want to be the reason for their breakup. Yes, I could not tell that I was not happy when I heard it. But I preferred it if that was because he didn't want it, not because of me. He has left the engagement party because of my accident. If I listened to him and didn't give Mark the slip, nothing would happen.

He sighed as his eyes softened. He approached me and held my hand in his hands. "I will tell you about it for the last time. It is not your fault. It is just mine." He said, looking into my eyes. I nodded. "Good." He gave me a bright smile.

I bit my lower lip, looking at him shyly. "Umm....when I went to talk to Daniella. She told me..." He looked at me, intrigued. I breathed deeply and continued. "She told me you love me."

His jaw dropped in surprise. "...She told you it?" He mumbled.

"Yes." I nodded, looking into his blue eyes.

He sighed, running his hand through his hair. "Yes, I love you." He confessed honestly, looking into my eyes.

"But why did you give up on us easily?" I asked sadly and bit my lower lip as I paused. "I thought you never loved me." I added as my eyes welled up.

"How could you think about it? I love you to the Moon and back a million times." He said with a serious expression on his face, plunging his beautiful eyes into mine. I smiled at him. He rested his hands on my hips as he said. "I wanted to see you happy. I thought you didn't want me in your life, and I made you feel unhappy. I felt lonely, unloved, rejected and unhappy,but...." He sighed. "When you really love someone, you put all selfishness aside and think about your loved one. I wanted to see you happy even if the cost was my unhappiness."

"My happiness is you, Chad." I confirmed as I cupped his cheek and stroked it. He gave me a wide smile. "I can not be happy without you. I love you so much." I admitted honestly, looking into his eyes and kissed his lips.

He smiled at me happily and wrapped his arms around my waist, hugging me tightly.

"Never let me go again." I murmured, burying my head into the crook of his neck, smelling his musky scent.

"Never leave me again." He stated.

"I promise." I said.

"I promise too." He pulled back a little and held my cheeks in his hands, his eyes were shining with happiness. He brushed his lips against mine, kissing me in a passionate kiss.

He kicked the door with his foot, closing it as soon as we walked into his penthouse, kissing each other greedily.

He pinned me up against the wall and slid his hand under my dress, stroking my thigh while his tongue was exploring my mouth. He moved his lips from my lips to my neck, placing several kisses. I moaned, running my hand through his hair. I missed him so much. I slid my hands under his jacket and took it off.

He lifted me up, still kissing me. I wrapped my legs around his waist, responding to his mind-blowing kiss. I was burning in desire. I needed him badly.

He laid me on the bed and rejoined our lips. I started unbuttoning his shirt impatiently.

"I can not hold myself anymore; I want to be inside you." He muttered huskily, his eyes dark with lust.

"I want you too." I said, panting.

He unbuckled his belt and unzipped his fly while sitting on his knees between my legs. In a flash, he ripped my panties and tossed it away.

I gasped, squeezing the sheet as he slammed inside me without warning. He reclaimed my lips while thrusting inside me deeper and harder.

My toes curled up as I came, screaming his name out. He followed me and came inside me, screaming my name out like a mantra.

"I guess you missed me so much." I teased him, emphasizing the last words.

He grinned as he leaned on his elbow and looked at me, biting his lower lip. "You can't even imagine. I can lock you in my bedroom for a week." He said lustfully. "Or more." He added, pretending to think.

I laughed, tapping his chest playfully. "Pervert!"

"Yes, I am a pervert. But just yours." He winked at me and buried his head into the crook of my neck. I closed my eyes in sensation as he bit my neck slightly.