Chapter 16 - The saviour

Elise's POV

After class, I was waiting for Chris, leaning against the tree. I decided to talk to him. I could not continue our relationship anymore. He was dear to me as a friend, but I didn't love him. Actually, I understood that I never was in love with him.

"Baby." Chris greeted me and kissed my lips.

I pulled back and folded my arms over my chest. "I need to tell you something." He raised his eyebrow in a questioning look. " I..." I didn't know how to tell him. I didn't want to break his heart out of respect for the years we had spent together. "Chris, you are really dear to me."

"Baby, you too. I love you." He stroked my cheek. I pulled back a little.

I cleared my throat and said all in one breath. "I can not continue this anymore." His face expression changed. His jaw clenched. "I love you, but not as a boyfriend. I am sorry." I gave him an apologetic look.

"Are you kidding me?!" He barked at me as he moved closer to me. His gaze was so intense and dark. I stepped back.

"Chris..." I muttered.

"Do you have someone else?" He hissed as he placed his hand on the tree beside my head.

I gulped. I was getting scared. I never saw him angry this much. "...No." I muttered.

He placed his free hand on my cheek and stroked it, plunging his piercing eyes into mine. He gripped my chin and claimed my lips roughly. I placed my hands on his chest and tried to push him back, but he wrapped his arm around me, trying to keep me still against himself, still kissing me.

Unfortunately, there was no one here. We were in the back garden at university. There were never many people, especially after class. Just Katy had known that we were here.

I was punching his chest, trying to push him back. He  slid his hand under my skirt, caressing my thigh while kissing me. I bit his lower lip hard, trying to stop him. He cursed as he pulled his lips away. I screamed calling for help.

He gripped my chin  tightly. "You little bitch!"

"Let go of me!" I shouted, squirming.

"You will be mine." He hissed as he started unzipping his fly, holding me against the tree.

"No! No! No!" I shouted, terrified, punching his chest. Tears started dropping down my cheeks. "Please, stop..." I begged.

He gave me a nasty smirk as he slid his hand under me. I shouted, punching his chest. I closed my eyes, crying.

Suddenly, someone pulled him back.

"You bastard!" Chad punched him.

I was still in shock. I was leaning against the tree. My legs were shaking. My heart was beating so fast. Chad was still punching him. Chris was in blood, laying on the ground, curled up.

"If I see you near her again, I will kill you with my bare hands." Chad treated him as he gripped his collar.

"Don't pretend like a hero. She doesn't give after all." Chris said as he gave me a nauseating smirk.

"You bastard!" Chad punched him again and again

How can I be stupid this much that I didn't see real him all these years? He wasn't the same Chris that I had known. He was a disgusting person. I looked at him. He was laying on the ground in blood, his eyes closed. He must have fainted.

Chad turned towards me. I looked at him, crying. If he didn't arrive in time.... I shook my head, trying not to think about it. He gave me a compassionate look and walked closer to me. I threw myself in his arms and hugged him tightly. He hugged me back, stroking my hair. I gripped his shirt, crying. He placed a soft kiss on my hair, still stroking my hair.

"Everything passed. Don't worry. I don't let anyone hurt you." He said, stroking my hair.

"I want to go away from here." I muttered.

He held my face in his hands and wiped my tears with his thumbs. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer to him. I leaned against his chest as he headed us towards the car.

Chad parked the car in front of the mansion. Fortunately, my parents were abroad. They went on a holiday to celebrate their wedding anniversary. I didn't want them to see me in this state. And if my father saw me in this state, he would kill Chris with his bare hands.

Chad unbuckled his seatbelt as he turned towards me. "Are you better?" He asked, concerned.

"Yeah." I muttered. "Thank you. If you didn't...." I started crying without managing to finish my sentence.

"Hey, don't cry, princess." He said as he looked at me affectionately and pulled me into his chest. I gripped his shirt, sobbing. He was caressing my hair, trying to soothe me.

After washing my face, I got a little better. Chad didn't leave my side for a second. On the other hand, I didn't want him to leave. I felt safe, comfortable and happy beside him. He was my happy place. He was so affectionate and caring towards me. I was thankful to him for being beside me there and after that.

As soon as I left the bathroom, Chad approached me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

I lay down on the bed. He pulled the blanket over me.

"Sweet dreams, princess." He gave me a bright smile and kissed my forehead.

I closed my eyes as my nostrils filled his masculine and musky scent.

When he wanted to leave, I grabbed his wrist. "Stay with me."

He looked at me surprised, then he smiled at me as he nodded. I pulled away making him some space. He lay down beside me on the bed. I placed my head on his chest. He wrapped his arms around me. I closed my eyes, breathing his scent. Being in his arms made me feel secure and happy.

My handsome saviour.

He was caressing my hair smoothly, holding me in his arms.