Chapter 43 - Being professional

Elise's POV

"What are you doing here?" I snapped.

He raised his eyebrow as he put his hand into his pocket. "I should ask this question to you. I have a meeting with your father."

I closed my eyes, cursing under my breath. I squeezed the strap of my bag angrily as I frowned.

Dad!

"I guess they played a trick on us." Chad confirmed, shaking his head with a smile.

"Yes, it seems so." I mumbled. "I am leaving." I added.

When I wanted to leave, Chad grabbed my wrist, stopping me.

"Don't be childish, Elise. You can not run away from me every time you see me. We do business together." He sighed as he continued."We are adults. And we can be professional. It is a business. We can do it without strangling each other's neck." He said with a confident voice, looking into my eyes. I bit my lower lip, thinking. Then I nodded.

"Perfect." He smiled.

After ordering our lunch, we started talking about the problem and found some ways to solve it in the end. During the meeting Chad stayed professional; we just talked about the project. He looked so charming and sexy with his bossy voice and attitude, making me discover his new side.

Get a grip Elise!

Today Chad and I had a meeting with the investors. Our fathers gave the responsibility of this project to us. When my father told me about this idea, I refused, but he managed to convince me. And Chad's professional attitude in our meeting helped him to convince me. Chad was right, we were adults and our families were doing business together. It was impossible to avoid each other.

After taking a shower, I put on a navy blue crop top and a navy blue skirt. After getting ready, I checked myself in the mirror one more time and left as I grabbed my clutch.

When I left the mansion, I saw him waiting for me in front of the mansion. We decided to go to the meeting together.

As he saw me, he gave me his charming smile. I smiled back as I approached him. He wore a white shirt and a blue suit matching his blue eyes. He looked like a Greek god. I wanted to kiss his soft lips while running my hands through his hair.

Ugh! These hormones.

After we had got in the car, the driver started the car. Chad and I were sitting on the back seat. It was the first time that we were so close after our breakup. I bit my lower lip nervously, looking through the window.

The driver parked the car in front of the restaurant where the meeting was taking place. The driver opened the door for me.

Chad got out of the car quickly and extended his hand towards me

Chad got out of the car quickly and extended his hand towards me. I gave him a slight smile and held his hand as I got out of the car. He rested his hand on my lower back protectively as he headed us into the restaurant.

After a meeting, Chad and I went to the coffee shop. Chad wanted a cup of coffee. I was waiting for him in the cafe while he was ordering his coffee.

"Wow. Wow. Wow." Chris approached me, smirking.

"What are you doing here?" I snapped, folding my arms over my chest.

"Coincidence, dear." He winked at me. I narrowed my eyes at him. "I told you he would dump you." He said, giving me an arrogant smirk. I gave him a dirty look as I clenched my fist.

Chris's expression changed as he looked behind me. His muscles tensed up.

When I wanted to turn around, someone placed a hand on my lower back protectively. It was Chad. He plunged his piercing eyes into Chris's eyes. From his look, it seemed he was killing Chris several times on his mind.

"You again! Didn't I tell you to stay away from us?" He snapped.

"You are still....together?" Chris asked, puzzled.

"Why shouldn't we?!" Chad said confidently. And in a second, he brushed his lips against mine. After getting rid of my surprise, I responded to his kiss. He wrapped his arm around me tightly, pulling me closer to him as he deepened our kiss.

When he pulled back, I stared at him, dazed. But he was looking at Chris, his hands in his pockets, giving him a cocky grin.

When I turned my head towards Chris, he was looking at us furiously, gritting his teeth

"Princess, come on. We are getting late." Chad said, giving me his charming smile as he plunged his beautiful eyes into mine, making me lose myself in his eyes. I nodded.

As soon as we got in the car, I breathed deeply in relief. When I looked at Chad, he wasn't looking at me, his fist clenched. He looked tense.

"Thank you." I mumbled.

He turned his gaze towards me as he said. "You are welcome." A sarcastic smile appeared on his face as he added. "But you could tell him it was you who dumped me, not me."

I rolled my eyes. "Chad...."

"Forget it." He said, waving his hand in the air.

There was uncomfortable silence in the car. He was looking through the window, ignoring me totally. I sighed as I turned my eyes from him to the window and started looking through the window.

The driver parked the car in front of our company building.

"Thank you." I said, looking at him. He nodded without looking at me, his expression stone cold.

Chad's POV

After Elise walked into the building, I pulled my phone out of my pocket and called Mark. A few seconds later, he picked up his phone. I told him about Chris and ordered him to follow Elise without taking his eyes off her for a second.

After taking a shower, I got ready and left. There was a charity event that I should attend.

After chatting to a few businessmen, I was sipping my whiskey while sitting alone, thinking about Elise.

"Does it help?" A soft and feminine voice interrupted my thoughts. I turned around and plunged my eyes into a pair of black eyes.

She had black hair and black eyes. She looked elegant and sophisticated in her silver halter neck long dress. A warm smile plastered on her face.

"I hope." I mumbled, forcing a slight smile.

"Daniella." She introduced herself as she extended her hand towards me, giving me a warm smile.

"Chad." I shook her hand.

"The same." She said to the bartender, pointing to my glass and gave me a wide smile.

"To new acquaintance." She clinked her glass to mine, smiling. I could not hold myself and smiled back.